Driving Time question

Ok so this is a hypothetical question on behalf of a friend okay :slight_smile:

This friend has not been driving for a few weeks so possibly a little out of practice, having a very bad time with a lot on their mind, radio was broken so to make the day even worse and the mind even more overactive.

Said friend did 30mins driving in a digital vehicle at start of shift and then switched over to an analogue unit. After a combined driving time (digi+analogue) of 3.5hours he took a 15min break. At the delivery he had 30mins driving time left, this would’ve allowed him to get to the services and take a break.

Now for reasons unknown other than just a total slip of the mind this friend set of back down the motorway and totally forgot to take the remaining 30min rest until he’s been driving for 5hrs15 mins (combined). On the analogue chart it looks like 4hr45, obviously 30min extra on digi. They pulled over immediately as was just coming upto services and took 50mins break before finishing off the day.

What should this person put on the back of the analogue chart? There was no traffic jams as the speed on tacho will show and it’s apparent he was on the motorway again due to speeds so no excuse of lack of stopping places.

My dog ate the chart guv, onest.

Hmm, think that’d be worse, any other ideas?

Kiowan:
any other ideas?

Just write the truth, due to swapping betwen digital and paper chart i got my timing mixed up. Its as much as you can do?

Mike-C:

Kiowan:
any other ideas?

Just write the truth, due to swapping betwen digital and paper chart i got my timing mixed up. Its as much as you can do?

This^

Don’t be tempted, or tell your friend not to be tempted, to throw the chart away or do a manual chart or the like because those are far more serious offences attracting larger punishments.