Driving time on a digi

how do i display on the vdu my driving time? when you are not moving do i press ok to view the driving time accumulated? and if the vehicle is moving does pressing button 1 display the driving time? also if you do a printout, does it give the total driving time for the shift?

i dont want to go blindly pushing buttons and i am hoping these questions can help others out, there was an earlier thread asking about keeping record of driving hours so maybe i can help others out. i finished driving in 2004 and the digi tacho wasnt even born then, i worked for dhl for a short spell recently, but that truck was still on analogue, so this is aĺl new to me.

Press down to view your driving time and ok to exit and the print out is the full days record of driving breaks worktime and poa if you like your company haha.

It also gives you alarms after 4.15mins to let you know your at the end of driving half

To add to the above, if you are stationary and the engine is off the tacho will still give you this information but you have to give it a while…

Button 1 will change your mode - that’s it. Unless it’s a Stoneridge in which case it’ll also eject the card.

With the vehicle stationary just press the down button. Depending on the brand of Tacho depends exactly what you will see but they all display the driving time amongst other information.

The latest Siemens seems to be the better one and gives great information such as total driving time remaining this shift, number of reduced rests remaining since the last weekly rest, what daily and weekly rest is required and how long until they must start, how many extended driving periods are left, remaining weekly driving, two weekly driving and even what compensation is owed. Just keep pressing the down button to get to the various screens.