Driving time breaks

Hi guys. Im still trying to get to grips with driving hours etc. Now i know 1st break 15 2nd 30 with in 4 half hours driving. Now the 2nd break after slate wiped clean is it 45min break has to be takeing or can you do the same 15 30 from 1st break. Any help much apprecate it :smiley:

davy1111:
Hi guys. Im still trying to get to grips with driving hours etc. Now i know 1st break 15 2nd 30 with in 4 half hours driving. Now the 2nd break after slate wiped clean is it 45min break has to be takeing or can you do the same 15 30 from 1st break. Any help much apprecate it :smiley:

You can do this
drive 2 hrs
break 15
drive 2 hrs
break 30
drive 2 hrs
break 15
drive 2 hrs
break 30
drive 1 hr or 2 hrs if doing a 10 hour driving day

You must not exceed 4½ hours driving before having a 45 minute break.

Any 45 minute driving break can be split into two parts, as you said the first part must be no less than 15 minutes and the second part must be no less than 30 minutes.

So to answer your question, if you have a second driving break it can also be split the same as the first driving break :wink:

Thanks rog. So tacograph i need take those 2 breaks before 4 half hours? With in 4 half hours?

davy1111:
So tacograph i need take those 2 breaks before 4 half hours? With in 4 half hours?

No that’s not quite correct.

You must not drive more than 4½ hours before having a 45 minute break.

If you’re having a split break you could drive for 2 hours then have a 15 minute break, drive for another 2½ hours then have a 30 minute break.
Alternatively you could drive for 4½ hours then have a 45 minute break.

The break does not have to be taken within the 4½ hour driving period, but you must not drive for more than 4½ hours before taking the break.
To put it another way as soon as you’ve done 4½ hours driving you must stop and have a 45 minute break.

Obviously you wouldn’t normally wait until you reach 4½ hours driving before having the break because you need to find somewhere to park first.

Check out page 17 here

Brillant tacograph get you now :slight_smile: thanks apprecate it mate

Did not mean to confuse you by using that example

I only used that example as it showed what was ‘possible’ on a 9 or 10 hour driving day

No no rog its ok stil good advice. Thats prob the way id do it anyway. Drive 2hrs etc. Good advice thanks :smiley: