Driving this good Friday in germany

I assume good Friday in Germany is classes and a bank holiday and therefore is no truck driving for tautliners etc ? tha
nks

Full list on this site

transportsfriend.org/index.html

Steve

Kerbdog:
I assume good Friday in Germany is classes and a bank holiday and therefore is no truck driving for tautliners etc ? tha
nks

Hi Kerbdog,

The Germans observe a truck driving ban on:
Good Friday [Karfreitag],
Easter Sunday [Ostern] and
Easter Monday [Ostermontag]

They’re not one of those regional jobbies either, cos those are all national, so you’ll need to pack your Klingon cloaking device if you plan to run a tautliner on any of those days, otherwise the White Mice will get you. :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

Should you so wish, you can drive between 22.00 and 00.00 on Good Friday and all day Saturday :wink:

Thanks guys. Just an update. After enforcing general opinion and German law upon the office we all stood still. Moved Saturday. Some who have the permit and were able to move but for those who didn’t like myself we were stood down.

There’s another ban in Germany and France on Thursday next week, !st of May.
I dunno if it’s Italy and Spain as well, probably.

The UK should have a truck ban for public holidays.Just like in Europe,off the road and parked up at 22.00 the evening before the ban and allowed to drive at 22.00 on the last day of the public holiday.
Only perishable,milk tankers,supermarket and frozen allowed to move.
For the rest of us put another shrimp on the barbie,open a can of Amber Nectar and shed tears over your boss not earning while the truck is square wheeled.
It works ok in Europe,so why not here.For Easter,no trucks Good Friday until the Tuesday after Bank Holiday Monday…A four day ban.

toby1234abc:
The UK should have a truck ban for public holidays.Just like in Europe,off the road and parked up at 22.00 the evening before the ban and allowed to drive at 22.00 on the last day of the public holiday.
Only perishable,milk tankers,supermarket and frozen allowed to move.
For the rest of us put another shrimp on the barbie,open a can of Amber Nectar and shed tears over your boss not earning while the truck is square wheeled.
It works ok in Europe,so why not here.For Easter,no trucks Good Friday until the Tuesday after Bank Holiday Monday…A four day ban.

Toby,

:bulb: I imagine that a lot of UK drivers rely on Sunday work to make their wages that bit more liveable.

For my 2p worth, I think there are enough justifiable complaints already from posters on here about the Nanny State, Euroland or Tobycrats interfering with what people can and can’t do in their lives. :grimacing:

I’ll move this post to the main forum if you like, but I reckon it might be like throwing you to the lions once Carryfast, Happy Keith et al get a hold of it… :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Hmm… :wink:

Yes please move to the main forum.It will be like a scene from Gladiators.
Where is Rob K these days ?
The UK has the least amount of public holidays.
I think Italy has about 28 days of them.
Spain has numerous ones.All religous based.When stuck in one abroad,it was ideal to do the laundry,clean the cab,have a relaxing meal with no deadline or rush.
Cab phone off.Mobile off.

Tobes, if I was pulling up at 2200 on Saturday night and kicking off again at 2200 Sunday night, when exactly would I be having this BBQ and the especially the beers!! :smiley: Maybe get a few in on the Saturday night but that’s it mate if you`re kicking off again at 2200 Sunday. No drinking during the day Sunday, just having a lazy day and trying to get as much sleep as possible ready for the full stint at 2200!! :unamused:

I agree with your sentiment though Tobes, park up at 2200 Saturday and then that’s it until sensible oclock Monday morning!! Plenty of time for BBQs and beer that way mate! :wink:

No doubt you would be putting Piri Piri on your prawns Toby and tipping Tango into your beer mate!! :laughing: :laughing: