driving test

So I passed my class 1 test today with 4 minor faults.went really well but came over a hill to find a fire engine blocking the road at a crash,so I asked the tester if he knew if we could take the side road to the right,he said he didn’t know but we will roll up to it and have a look before commiting.looked like a relatively comfortable fit but we weren’t sure what was waiting at the other end but went anyway,worked out grand but got me thinking if anyone had real cluster ■■■■ situations in a test and what happened.
hope to be seeing Europe before long.

well done,good luck for the future,i failed the first time because I was taken through country lanes while learning,nothing wrong with that as it was clear all the time I was learning,on test day on one particular stretch a bloody double decker came the other way,i pulled in to avoid a bump and the mirror caught a branch and slammed in on the window,said window stayed intact thankfully but the examiner ducked thinking the window was coming in,major fail,passed second time though.

Congrats on passing. In my test I had a tramp run across the road in front of me with his hands in the air which meant I had to slam on the anchors. Also some how stalled an automatic and got a minor for it. When I asked what I could of done different my examiner said he had no idea. ■■■■■■ still gave me a minor for it.

Matt.B:
Congrats on passing. In my test I had a tramp run across the road in front of me with his hands in the air which meant I had to slam on the anchors. Also some how stalled an automatic and got a minor for it. When I asked what I could of done different my examiner said he had no idea. [zb] still gave me a minor for it.

Probably cuts itself out if over revved before release of handbrake. It’s to protect the clutch usually.

Well done on passing your test Oscarroscar, :smiley: Just wondered if you have a Euro job lined up or are hoping to find something in that line?

On my car test I met a dustbin lorry blocking the road, thought to myself at the time I can sit here all day and block the cars behind me or go for the pavement and if I fail for this it just be one of those things, but I passed.

I failed my first HGV test, in the old days when you could go straight to artic, so took it again a few week later.
On the second test coming up to a roundabout I looked at the traffic entering from the left and most were positioned and indicating left, except a learner driver who seemed to be taking the left lane, so I started moving and then saw that the learner car was going round and was right in front of me, jumped on the brakes and nearly sent the examiner through the window, (no seatbelts either in those days :open_mouth: ).
Anyway after a tight a tortuous route back to the test centre, the examiner asked me what happened on the roundabout, I said" I’d seen the learner driver, but thought they were so far to the left, they’d be turning left, even though they hadn’t indicated, so it was my fault"
He said “He also saw the learner and thought they were going left and the first he knew they had gone straight over was when I nearly sent him through the windscreen, oh and I’ve passed” :laughing:

muckles:
Well done on passing your test Oscarroscar, :smiley: Just wondered if you have a Euro job lined up or are hoping to find something in that line?

On my car test I met a dustbin lorry blocking the road, thought to myself at the time I can sit here all day and block the cars behind me or go for the pavement and if I fail for this it just be one of those things, but I passed.

I failed my first HGV test, in the old days when you could go straight to artic, so took it again a few week later.
On the second test coming up to a roundabout I looked at the traffic entering from the left and most were positioned and indicating left, except a learner driver who seemed to be taking the left lane, so I started moving and then saw that the learner car was going round and was right in front of me, jumped on the brakes and nearly sent the examiner through the window, (no seatbelts either in those days :open_mouth: ).
Anyway after a tight a tortuous route back to the test centre, the examiner asked me what happened on the roundabout, I said" I’d seen the learner driver, but thought they were so far to the left, they’d be turning left, even though they hadn’t indicated, so it was my fault"
He said “He also saw the learner and thought they were going left and the first he knew they had gone straight over was when I nearly sent him through the windscreen, oh and I’ve passed” :laughing:

Thanks muckles.nothing lined up,I will have to work my way up to a euro gig hopefully.

Failed my first car test. Turning right at a t junction from side road onto main. And a school on the opposite side was kicking out. Loads of kids on the pavement some on bikes and close to the kerb.

So I’m watching them and picking up a minor for hesitation. When I go sure enough one of the kids on a bike drops down onto the road, I’m in the middle of the turn at this point and I can tell they’re not going to hit me or I them, theyre behind me.

Examiner thought it was dangerous, said he was close to using the dual controls and stopping the test. Failed me.

Still irks me.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Well done on passing your test, try not to be too disheartened as time goes on. Nice to see you have aspirations of moving onto Euro work. Good luck, work hard and I am sure you will get your shot. Passing your C+E test is an achievement and can be a worthwhile and enjoyable career with the right attitude and a positive outlook. Well done that man!

oscaroscar:

muckles:

Thanks muckles.nothing lined up,I will have to work my way up to a euro gig hopefully.

Sadly the days of loads of British trucks tramping round Europe are long gone, but there are a few jobs out there just need to push for them, don’t wait for them to come to you. I wouldn’t worry to much about “working up” to Euro work, there isn’t really a career structure in this job and despite what some of the Euro drivers will tell you, there’s no real secret to European driving that requires loads of experience, just a few things to be aware of, but you’ll only learn that by doing it.
Personally if you’re single and want to go further than the average British truck driver, I’d be knocking on the doors of Trans Am or similar companies that do the tour work.

Failed my first car test cos the examiner said during the “turn in the road” I didn’t look left when reversing back.
I did, but the ■■■■■■■■ was also looking left, so didn’t see me looking left. :imp:

Took another test a few weeks later and during the turn in the road clearly shouted " IM LOOKING LEFT NOW".
Trouble was it was a different examiner and he wondered what the hell I was doing. :laughing:

Passed though.

On my car instructor test, we were on the m25 and a sudden hail shower hit us, visibility was zero so i said “im going to pull on to the hard shoulder until it clears”
Five minutes later he said “Hurry up or I’m going to miss the rugby”.
I passed with one fault !

First part of test reversing,…I made a complete balls of it.
I thought I had already failed before I drove out of the centre.

In the town centre (Dumfries) a young kid broke away from it’s mother and ran in front of me, I slammed the brakes on and avoided killing him.

That is what passed me my test I reckon, the examiner handed me my pass and said ‘‘Get some reversing practice’’.