Driving standards

ezydriver:
Yesterday a double decker bus was dropping off passengers, so I moved to the second lane to go past it. As I got close its right indicator came on and it pulled off, and I went past it. But she accelerated away really hard and came up my inside, slightly clipped my nearside mirror (it sort of tapped briefly), and then she needed to move into my lane because a parked car appeared in her lane, so she moved and indicated at the same time and forced me to brake quite firmly, as only part of her vehicle had cleared the front of mine. She went around the car and then immediately stopped at a bus stop. I was totally gobsmacked. Not angry, just gobsmacked.

I was so shocked and appalled that I took her reg and, and for the first time in my entire driving career I’m going to make a complaint about a fellow ‘professional’ driver. I just couldn’t believe the aggression, arrogance, and stupidity - she had passengers on board and was trying to force her bus through a gap which wasn’t actually there.

Some people seriously need to realise that other drivers are not competitors, enemies, or conquests, and would instead benefit from removing their emotions and ego from the driving situation. There’s no shame in easing off when it is called for; that’s a strong position to take. There is shame in forcing other drivers to drastically change speed or direction; that’s a very weak thing to do to another.

I wouldn’t expect any different from bus or coach drivers ,they’ve All got attitude problems .

I was so shocked and appalled that I took her reg and, and for the first time in my entire driving career I’m going to make a complaint about a fellow ‘professional’ driver.

You are wasting your time.It is only your version of the story and the Police will not be interested.

ezydriver:
Yesterday a double decker bus was dropping off passengers, so I moved to the second lane to go past it. As I got close its right indicator came on and it pulled off, and I went past it. But she accelerated away really hard and came up my inside, slightly clipped my nearside mirror (it sort of tapped briefly), and then she needed to move into my lane because a parked car appeared in her lane, so she moved and indicated at the same time and forced me to brake quite firmly, as only part of her vehicle had cleared the front of mine. She went around the car and then immediately stopped at a bus stop. I was totally gobsmacked. Not angry, just gobsmacked.

I was so shocked and appalled that I took her reg and, and for the first time in my entire driving career I’m going to make a complaint about a fellow ‘professional’ driver. I just couldn’t believe the aggression, arrogance, and stupidity - she had passengers on board and was trying to force her bus through a gap which wasn’t actually there.

Some people seriously need to realise that other drivers are not competitors, enemies, or conquests, and would instead benefit from removing their emotions and ego from the driving situation. There’s no shame in easing off when it is called for; that’s a strong position to take. There is shame in forcing other drivers to drastically change speed or direction; that’s a very weak thing to do to another.

well as she clipped your mirror you should of stopped infront of her got out and asked for her insurance details.
thats a fail to stop after a moving collision.
legally you must exchange details if accused.
just think of the embarrassment in front of the passengers.
and to be honest if she refused and you parked properly she cant move till you do as it’s still classed as an offence to reverse a stage carrige bus whilst loaded.

then just report her to bosses and police for the hell of it.
if your a pro drive like a pro!

ezydriver:
And such a manoeuvre wouldn’t get you excited? It might if your children were on the bus.

Not really because if any bus carrying my children was doing something stupid I would prefer I was close at hand. You have a lot to learn young padawan :wink:

albion1971:
I was so shocked and appalled that I took her reg and, and for the first time in my entire driving career I’m going to make a complaint about a fellow ‘professional’ driver.

You are wasting your time.It is only your version of the story and the Police will not be interested.

fail to stop!!! They have to be interested incase of damage to your vehical.

albion1971:

ajt:
Its nothing new. Truckers and car drivers were just as bad decades ago.

In your dreams pal.Drivers used to be courteous and truck drivers were known as Knights of the Road.What are they called now?
Standards have dropped dramatically in recent years and not just with driving either.
I read one of dipper daves posts the other day and he was saying how he drove and acted and I thought how rare that type of driver is these days.
Everyone is in too much of a rush and few drivers have any patience anymore.

Wake up eh.

Was this the golden era where drivers were on £100 ph and you used to be able to leave your front door unlocked and it was sunny every day?

Pull the other one. I remember some of the crazy acts while being passenger with my old man as a lad in his van in the 80’s / early 90’s. Today is merely watered down by comparison.

bertiebus:

albion1971:

fail to stop!!! They have to be interested incase of damage to your vehical.

I reiterate.The police will not be interested.

bertiebus:
she cant move till you do as it’s still classed as an offence to reverse a stage carrige bus whilst loaded.

Where were you told this and can you provide an up to date credible link. A DCPC session doesnt count.

ajt:

albion1971:

ajt:
Its nothing new. Truckers and car drivers were just as bad decades ago.

In your dreams pal.Drivers used to be courteous and truck drivers were known as Knights of the Road.What are they called now?
Standards have dropped dramatically in recent years and not just with driving either.
I read one of dipper daves posts the other day and he was saying how he drove and acted and I thought how rare that type of driver is these days.
Everyone is in too much of a rush and few drivers have any patience anymore.

Wake up eh.

Was this the golden era where drivers were on £100 ph and you used to be able to leave your front door unlocked and it was sunny every day?

Pull the other one. I remember some of the crazy acts while being passenger with my old man as a lad in his van in the 80’s / early 90’s. Today is merely watered down by comparison.

Yes as I presumed you are too young to remember.I am not talking about the 80’s and 90’s.
I am talking about the 60’s and 70’s.

This one should get albion banging his drum about “driving standards”.

M6 northbound at Lancaster just after midnight today -

youtube.com/watch?v=9-QD2q8 … e=youtu.be

No idea why I didn’t bother with wipers earlier, but I could see out a lot better than the video suggests. And no he wasn’t coming off at next exit, I followed him all the way to Carlisle. DVR is wide angle and looks further away than it was. Trailer was barely 6-7ft past me on a soaking wet motorway. A couple of seconds earlier and it would’ve been a very different outcome.

Left hand down!:
No idea why I didn’t bother with wipers earlier, but I could see out a lot better than the video suggests. And no he wasn’t coming off at next exit, I followed him all the way to Carlisle. DVR is wide angle and looks further away than it was. Trailer was barely 6-7ft past me on a soaking wet motorway. A couple of seconds earlier and it would’ve been a very different outcome.

Usual overdramtised non event from youtube.
So road conditions are poor and another large vehicle is overtaking you, yes overtaking in these conditions is not ideal but its happening so lets see what we can do to help make this as safe as possible and just maybe assist another motorist in a professional manner.

Why not ease off a little to assist the other driver, course you don’t have to but often to make safe progress a little bit of effort is needed.

Maybe it came as a shock that the other driver would want to return to the nearside lane, perhaps he was a little early coming over but was it really neccesary to flash your headlights temporarily destroying the other drivers night vision.

Moving on to the hard shoulder a bit was also totally pointless and unnecessary and only served to add to your amateur dramatics.

Nothing in this footage to be proud of and definately no moral high ground available in how you conducted yourself in this situation.

I’m not surprised you drive like this though… :wink:

I commute up and down the A13 to and from work.

Without doubt the worst drivers are lorry drivers, sadly.
The biggest offence? Offside indicator on and pulling straight out.

It’s so bad I have fitted cctv to my car.

Dipper_Dave:

Left hand down!:

Usual overdramtised non event from youtube.
So road conditions are poor and another large vehicle is overtaking you, yes overtaking in these conditions is not ideal but its happening so lets see what we can do to help make this as safe as possible and just maybe assist another motorist in a professional manner.

Why not ease off a little to assist the other driver, course you don’t have to but often to make safe progress a little bit of effort is needed.

Maybe it came as a shock that the other driver would want to return to the nearside lane, perhaps he was a little early coming over but was it really neccesary to flash your headlights temporarily destroying the other drivers night vision.

Moving on to the hard shoulder a bit was also totally pointless and unnecessary and only served to add to your amateur dramatics.

Nothing in this footage to be proud of and definately no moral high ground available in how you conducted yourself in this situation.

I’m not surprised you drive like this though… :wink:

You, sir, are a nob. There was nothing behind him and nothing anywhere else to necessitate knocking the CC off. He was passing at a steady rate and would’ve been clear of me within the next 20-30 seconds. So yes it was most certainly required to flash the thick ■■■■ and alert him to the fact that he’d narrowly missed running me off the road. Clearly you approve of his driving which, given your posts on here does not surprise me in the least.

I knows it’s a joke nowadays just too much traffic on roads that can’t cope with the volume amplified by the muppetry.

I’ve seen plenty of nutjobbery on the road. Coach and old drivers seem to be the worst.

Left hand down!:
You, sir, are a nob. There was nothing behind him and nothing anywhere else to necessitate knocking the CC off. He was passing at a steady rate and would’ve been clear of me within the next 20-30 seconds. So yes it was most certainly required to flash the thick [zb] and alert him to the fact that he’d narrowly missed running me off the road. Clearly you approve of his driving which, given your posts on here does not surprise me in the least.

:slight_smile: Sorry for the late reply… I’ve been busy and without tinternet, I can of course see your point but on a thread about driving standards i find it ironic that you post a video of yourself in action and then try to crtisise someone else when in reality you make a meal out of something we all experience every single day, then proceed to defend your own poor driving (yes the lurching onto the hard shoulder like a big girls blouse was stupid).

Its very easy to see from the footage you posted that you made poor decisions in a moment that most of us (I hope anyway) could see what was about to unfold…drive to the conditions and be prepared to react in a defensive manner to assist other road users who may make a mistake.

As i’m a crap driver myself it takes something pretty abmisal for me to critise but watch the video back a few times and think how you could have acted differently to avoid:

A, Causing a danger to other road users (flashing lights and pulling on hard shoulder for no reason other than to over dramatise the event).
B, Looking like a ■■■

Just my opinion, dont get over excited :wink:

Edir: Sorry also noticed event after the truck was safely passed you choose to flash your lights again- muppetry of the highest order.

Dipper_Dave:

Left hand down!:
You, sir, are a nob. There was nothing behind him and nothing anywhere else to necessitate knocking the CC off. He was passing at a steady rate and would’ve been clear of me within the next 20-30 seconds. So yes it was most certainly required to flash the thick [zb] and alert him to the fact that he’d narrowly missed running me off the road. Clearly you approve of his driving which, given your posts on here does not surprise me in the least.

:slight_smile: Sorry for the late reply… I’ve been busy and without tinternet, I can of course see your point but on a thread about driving standards i find it ironic that you post a video of yourself in action and then try to crtisise someone else when in reality you make a meal out of something we all experience every single day, then proceed to defend your own poor driving (yes the lurching onto the hard shoulder like a big girls blouse was stupid).

Its very easy to see from the footage you posted that you made poor decisions in a moment that most of us (I hope anyway) could see what was about to unfold…drive to the conditions and be prepared to react in a defensive manner to assist other road users who may make a mistake.

As i’m a crap driver myself it takes something pretty abmisal for me to critise but watch the video back a few times and think how you could have acted differently to avoid:

A, Causing a danger to other road users (flashing lights and pulling on hard shoulder for no reason other than to over dramatise the event).
B, Looking like a ■■■

Just my opinion, dont get over excited :wink:

Edir: Sorry also noticed event after the truck was safely passed you choose to flash your lights again- muppetry of the highest order.

Nope, you definitely are a nob.

I respect your opinion and will fight for your right to express it…
I now choose to ■■■■ in your general direction.