Driving Position (Particularly Daf CF)

I don’t know if it’s just habit or a underlying back problem, but sometimes I just cannot get comfortable in my CF and end up almost constantly adjusting the steering wheel position from “traditional” angle to what I call “Scania” (practically sat on my lap). Anyone know of the pros and cons health wise of this? Been told the Scania position is better for posture but I find it unnatural in a lorry. I’ve never driven a lorry where I’ve had to constantly adjust seat and steering rake like I’ve done since driving Dafs.

I thought this was just something I experienced whilst driving CFs. One of the main reasons (amongst 100 others) I hate driving the ■■■■ things is because I can never get comfortable in one, and I can guarantee my lower back will be throbbing after doing a shift in one.

Muckaway:
Been told the Scania position is better for posture but I find it unnatural in a lorry. I’ve never driven a lorry where I’ve had to constantly adjust seat and steering rake like I’ve done since driving Dafs.

I guess you’ve never driven an axor, I needed a back brace just to drive them & I was in agony when it was bed time. What you’ve been told about Scanias is true, they are the best & most comfortable trucks out there:!:

Hated driving every CF I’ve ever experienced.

Back breaking, stupid windows, gay upholstery, whole product cries out “CHEEEEEEEEEEEAP”

All cf drivers look like midgets ,the seat wont go far enough up and the rake of the steering wheel is about 2mm,no wonder the magazine cab tests always comment the cab is big for the size of vehicle ,you are sat on floor with a steering wheel nearly upright ffs :unamused: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Booster seat, hope this helps :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

seth 70:
All cf drivers look like midgets ,the seat wont go far enough up and the rake of the steering wheel is about 2mm,no wonder the magazine cab tests always comment the cab is big for the size of vehicle ,you are sat on floor with a steering wheel nearly upright ffs :unamused: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

How people can sit that low amazes me. If you aren’t crippled then you’re blinded by the sun. I have the seat pumped up about 3/4 of the way up, anymore and you get launched if you hit a bump. I think that silly plastic block on the cab floor makes things worse by giving you less legroom, surely there’s no need for it now the exhaust brake is also on the column?

Im 6’ 4",and when I drive our scania’s,i look like something out of Super Mario Kart. Steering wheel resting on my nuts and all I can see is a smoked sun visor.