Driving plant on car licence?

As title says do you think this is possible ie volmetric mixer type vehicle and been told dont need dcpc either not sure what to believe.

hook:
As title says do you think this is possible ie volmetric mixer type vehicle and been told dont need dcpc either not sure what to believe.

hse.gov.uk/workplacetranspor … ction7.htm

The mixers I think that you are referring to are classed as mobile batching plants and as such can be driven on a car license. (or so I have been lead to believe). Because no lgv license is requiered this would also mean that you would not need a dcpc either due to the fact that someone that only held a car license wouldn’t be able to do their dcpc anyway.

Also an 8 wheeler can run at 40 T gross weight apparently, which I learnt one DCPC
Jim

JFC999:
Also an 8 wheeler can run at 40 T gross weight apparently, which I learnt one DCPC
Jim

They can run to design weight, which assuming the right axles can be over 50T.

Most run 40-45T and correct for being able to drive on a car license, absolute pig to drive and very top heavy though.

dew:

JFC999:
Jim

Most run 40-45T and correct for being able to drive on a car license, absolute pig to drive and very top heavy though.

And driven by someone with just a car license! Now that’s bloody scary!

dreamingofoz:

dew:

JFC999:
Jim

And driven by someone with just a car license! Now that’s bloody scary!

I very much doubt most decent firms would let just anyone out in one though. I guess there’ll be people out there who drive them on just a car license but have done for years, and most will be HGV drivers.

Thanks all for replys thats cleared that up ,i have an hgv1 but havent done dcpc so wanted to make sure thanks.

hook:
Thanks all for replys thats cleared that up ,i have an hgv1 but havent done dcpc so wanted to make sure thanks.

pdrsltd.co.uk/downloads/driv … _guide.pdf = see page 15 for UK dcpc exemptions