driving licence

I found this strange as I always thought that it was a max trailer of 750kgs but apparantly I was wrong

750 kg max trailer weight usually refers to unbraked trailers.

DVLA definitive answer ?> hmmmmm only if you happen to speak to someone there who does know what they’re on about. I spoke to one the other week that did not. :laughing:

DAFMAD:

DVLA definitive answer ?> hmmmmm only if you happen to speak to someone there who does know what they’re on about. I spoke to one the other week that did not. :laughing:

I think so as :bulb: I put the senario in a number of ways just to see if the answers were the same :slight_smile:

provided the MAM of the trailer does not exceed the unladen weight of the towing vehicle,

Yes agreed. But how many people check the weight of their caravan against the weight of their car.
Small economical car pulling a small neat caravan - with LOADS of stuff puiled into it for a two week camping trip with the family. I have seen caravans stacked to the roof with a spare fride and boxes of heavy tinned food and enough gear to take the occupants to the North Pole and back - All pulled by a Mondeo.

Hello. Thanks for your comments. I have just been on the phone to DVLA. They said that if I wanted to have BE on my licence I would have to pass another test, but because I have CE I can still pull any trailers with car or van as long as I have it on my licence. Confusing.
Kokosz

Kokosz:
Hello. Thanks for your comments. I have just been on the phone to DVLA. They said that if I wanted to have BE on my licence I would have to pass another test, but because I have CE I can still pull any trailers with car or van as long as I have it on my licence. Confusing.
Kokosz

While you have CE on licence it gives you BE
BUT
when your CE expires at some point in the future you will lose BE - to retain BE past that point you have to do a seperate BE test between now and the point when your CE expires

• I think it is stupid as well but I don’t make the rules

ROG:

Kokosz:
Kokosz

While you have CE on licence it gives you BE
BUT
when your CE expires at some point in the future you will lose BE - to retain BE past that point you have to do a seperate BE test between now and the point when your CE expires

• I think it is stupid as well but I don’t make the rules

I E-mailed the DfT via my MP and got this DEFINITIVE reply…

Be careful if you decide to send anything to DVLA as they try to send 85% of locences back with in 90 working days as they still have mine I might get it back this year if I am very lucky

Some of the categories that you have on your licence if passed your teat before 97 then you may not drive for hire and reward

Hope this makes sense