Driving licence

Since I’m a shiny elbowed pointy shoes, it’s alledgedly part of my genetic make-up to argue against drivers on subjects such as these but…

I would not hand over my license in these circumstances. I also wouldn’t expect a driver to hand theirs over in these circumstances.

I think the licence was for collateral to make sure the reducer thingy was returned not to actually check his licence as such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My driving licence is my personal property and contains personal information that they are not entitled to have so I would not hand it over. If ID was needed that should be provided by my employer.
When I worked on freight out of Heathrow many years ago I had security ID to go airside, even that did not require me to had over any personal documents.

BTW: What’s a reducer? I had always thought it was a plumbing component to reduce pipe sizes and nothing to do with trucks.

Probably to do with blowing powder or liquid from wagon to a tank. Fair bit o´plumbing going on there :slight_smile:

steviespain:
Probably to do with blowing powder or liquid from wagon to a tank. Fair bit o´plumbing going on there :slight_smile:

That’s a different scenario as they are taking the licence as a deposit against a piece of equipment. I made sure I had my own equipment.