Driving licence - yet ANOTHER DVLA cock up?

Today I received my licence back with my fresh new C+E licence on it, however for starters according to the codes on the back whenever I drive anything with a trailer on I dont need to wear my glasses :laughing:
But on a more serious note - shouldnt my bus licence have been upgraded to D+E as well?

DAF95XF:
But on a more serious note - shouldnt my bus licence have been upgraded to D+E as well?

YES it should

PHOTOSTAT it and get an official to sign the copy then send the original back to DVLA for it to be put right.

DAF95XF:
however for starters according to the codes on the back whenever I drive anything with a trailer on I dont need to wear my glasses

dopey gits - point that out as well :unamused:

I have just checked my licence as I to have to wear glasses, is there a code for this on the licence? if so where? fascinating.

hptruck:
I have just checked my licence as I to have to wear glasses, is there a code for this on the licence? if so where? fascinating.

It will be an 01 code on the card where all the entitlements are - the code wil be on the right of each entitlement it refers to

ROG:

DAF95XF:

YES it should

PHOTOSTAT it and get an official to sign the copy then send the original back to DVLA for it to be put right.

DAF95XF:
however for starters according to the codes on the back whenever I drive anything with a trailer on I dont need to wear my glasses

dopey gits - point that out as well :unamused:

Isnt this getting a bit stupid, I mean all the palavor I had with my class 2 licence, then they go and do this :unamused:
When you say get an official to sign it, does that mean policemen?

ROG:

hptruck:

It will be an 01 code on the card where all the entitlements are - the code wil be on the right of each entitlement it refers to

Rog now I know what that is in the section 12 codes, I took it for issue, thanks again Rog.

ROG:

DAF95XF:

YES it should

No it wont, I enquired about it aswell when I got my C+E and according to DVLA the D+E is a totally seperate licence so it requires an additional test.

No it wont, I enquired about it aswell when I got my C+E and according to DVLA the D+E is a totally seperate licence so it requires an additional test.

If the holder of a full Cat D passes a CE test, their Cat D will be automatically upgraded to DE. But you must already hold the full Cat D and also hope the DVLA don’t foul up - - and we all know that can happen :laughing:

DVLA restriction codes

DAF95XF:
When you say get an official to sign it, does that mean policemen?

Yes, or doctor, teacher - plus the same people who are listed to sign a passport

I can guarantee you it will - I’ll stake my reputation on it :slight_smile:

C+E WILL upgrade D to D+E but D+E will not upgrade C to C+E

C+E WILL upgrade D to D+E but D+E will not upgrade C to C+E

because the trailer used for DE is a lot smaller/lighter than for CE and won’t have air brakes :laughing:

I’ve held my D licence since 1996 and mine never got upgraded to D+E when I passed my C+E, but then again it’s just gone off to DVLA to get points removed so it might come back with my D+E on it aswell.

I’ve held my D licence since 1996 and mine never got upgraded to D+E when I passed my C+E, but then again it’s just gone off to DVLA to get points removed so it might come back with my D+E on it aswell.

If it doesn’t, copy it and send it back asking for the DE to be added.

On a similar subject, passing a C manual will upgrade a D auto to manual and vice versa. (Only if DVLA do their job properly!) :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

If it doesn’t, copy it and send it back asking for the DE to be added.

On a similar subject, passing a C manual will upgrade a D auto to manual and vice versa. (Only if DVLA do their job properly!) :laughing: :laughing:

Which is always a risky assumption to make.

hptruck:

It’s there but you obviously can’t see it. :smiling_imp:

My CE is the only category where I don’t need glasses, so I can tool around with a trailer without glasses, drop it off and put my glasses on. :unamused:

The BBC Watchdog program did something on the DVLA recently and it seems there may be even more mistakes than most of us realise, they’re really getting a reputations for screwing up.

If you think it’s bad not getting your appropriate categories on the license watch the video below, one woman had the wrong name and photo on her new license and a Muslim doctor is now a reverend :open_mouth: and all thanks to the DVLA :laughing:

Here’s a link to some comments and video about the DVLA

My D got uprated to DE when I done the CE test.

Don’t you love people who think they know it all when in actual fact they know jack ■■■■? Talking to one of our other coach drivers the other month and he was saying how I would need to take a test so I will be able to pull one of the luggage trailers. No amount of trying to explain things to him would make him see the light of day. He says the code you need to pull a trailer with a D is DR? LOL isn’t DR like drunk driving on the counterpart? :laughing: :laughing:

Some people eh? Hate how people assume because I’m young I’ll know nothing, when in actual fact I probably know more than them :unamused: :unamused:

Don’t even get me started on some of the made up tacho laws they come out with…

I have b, c, c+e, but cant drive a trailer on my car? does that sound right?

Danny27404:
I have b, c, c+e, but cant drive a trailer on my car? does that sound right?

Yet another DVLA â– â– â– â–  up- the c+e gives you trailer entitlement for all lower catagories :smiley: :smiley:

do we need from September 2009 in 5 year proof for CPC Training or earlier?

My C+E came back with no restrictions on it, however i must wear glasses when driving a rigid ! must have monkeys working at the DVLA, oh wait hold on, monkeys probably would do a better job lol