Driving licence changing photo question!

Recently renewed my passport as it expired & used new photo, now would like to update licence too. Am I right in thinking that I can apply for a new licence & dvla can use my photo from passport office without me sending in a new photo■■? If so how do I apply for it?

Also what’s the crack with your 5 yr medical being changed when you apply for a new photo licence, although my medical isn’t due for another two years, is it right you get a few extra years added on it??

Governor:
Recently renewed my passport as it expired & used new photo, now would like to update licence too. Am I right in thinking that I can apply for a new licence & dvla can use my photo from passport office without me sending in a new photo■■? If so how do I apply for it?

Also what’s the crack with your 5 yr medical being changed when you apply for a new photo licence, although my medical isn’t due for another two years, is it right you get a few extra years added on it??

Yes they can use your passport photo - easier if done online

For the first licence issued after late 2012 the medical expiry gets a 5 year expiry date from the date of the licence issue

If poss change the licence photo as late as poss but at least a couple of months before the medical expiry date

ROG:

Governor:

Yes they can use your passport photo - easier if done online

For the first licence issued after late 2012 the medical expiry gets a 5 year expiry date from the date of the licence issue

If poss change the licence photo as late as poss but at least a couple of months before the medical expiry date

Here’s one Rog, I passed my PSV a few years ago but did my class one and two last year/this year, I thought because of that I’d fall into the 5 year medicl category but my license shows otherwise, is it because I’ve had my PSV since before it come in?

tommyboy1289:
Here’s one Rog, I passed my PSV a few years ago but did my class one and two last year/this year, I thought because of that I’d fall into the 5 year medicl category but my license shows otherwise, is it because I’ve had my PSV since before it come in?

Need more info
What year was PCV passed?
How old are you now?
What is current PCV & LGV expiry date on licence?
When did you last change the photo?

What year was PCV passed? 2011
How old are you now? 25
What is current PCV & LGV expiry date on licence? 04/12/2034
When did you last change the photo? not had it changed, needs to be done next year 04/12/16

tommyboy1289:
What year was PCV passed? 2011
How old are you now? 25
What is current PCV & LGV expiry date on licence? 04/12/2034
When did you last change the photo? not had it changed, needs to be done next year 04/12/16

At age 25 you have no D4 medical due until age 45 = 04/12/2034
Changing photo will not change that fact

ok thanks Rog, my medical is due on my 60th in dec 17 so do I leave it until mid 2017 to change my photo on my licence then??

Governor:
ok thanks Rog, my medical is due on my 60th in dec 17 so do I leave it until mid 2017 to change my photo on my licence then??

I would if you have not had a licence issued since late 2012 and I say that because dec 2017 minus 5 years is dec 2012 so when was your licence last issued ? - if dec 2012 is it the new style licence ?

gov.uk/changes-to-the-drivi … categories

SORRY - the new style came in Oct 2012 not dec so I reckon you must already have a new style one = yes :question:

Date on licence was October 2012, what do you mean by the new style licence??

Governor:
Date on licence was October 2012, what do you mean by the new style licence??

See the link I posted