Driving Jobs

Having passed my test last month (thanks to all that helped) for class 2 i have been since looking for a job, given the ‘driver shortage’ there seems to be a horrific amount of companies that just simply wont take people on. I have tried a couple of well known agencies however as per usual they fob you off on van work and then take money out of your pay for their ‘service fee’
i have had a couple of assessments with the likes of Brakes etc but never heard anything back even though the feedback from said driving assessments were positive. I have gone direct to a few companies who review the application and bin it off as ‘no experience’ even though they advertise looking for new drivers.

Could this be due to my age (23) and the fact ive only recently passed? any further suggestions at what approach to take next as im really keen to get into driving but seemingly stuck. I’m based just south of London so i’d have expected there to be a good few jobs going!

Any advice would be ace.

Hi
You can try TRG. Its agency and provide driver to tesco. Tesco need always driver also new pass.

Doesn’t state a minimum experience

uk.indeed.com/viewjob?from=apps … 842e887e68

Asif:
Hi
You can try TRG. Its agency and provide driver to tesco. Tesco need always driver also new pass.

not necessarily, Ive spoken to Tesco, and they were very strict about no new passes (Tesco RDC Lichfield)

Only just started looking but finding the same issue as you… the agency I contacted wanted me to move cars around at the airport for what worked out at £9.50 an hour after their ridiculous umbrella payments! - I earn’t £9.50 an hour in 2010 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - obviously won’t be doing that or working for them at all under an umbrella scheme!

I’ve done online apps at Evri, XPO and a couple of refuge companies so we’ll see how they go

I’m thinking unless they explicitly state they take on new passers they won’t - I spoke to one guy who said that they don’t like to put anything about it on the ads as it could be seen as discriminatory :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

To the OP if you can get to Gatwick Airport DHL are taking on new passers (via agencies) at the airport but its night shifts and the reason i’m slightly reluctant is there seems to be very little actual driving involved (all airside) but still might be of use as a start?

The previously mentioned agency are calling me again now… need to work out how to block numbers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: