Driving jobs that dont require a tacho

As above what lorry driving jobs dont require tachos, not talking about fire engines etc.

Night trunks to heathrow :sunglasses: after a days graft around greater Manchester collecting all the goods first! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fire engines.

Contraflow:
Fire engines.

:unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bin lorries collecting domestic waste

Tankers collecting milk from farms

Driving a bus on local stage services

Breakdown recovery, within a certain radius.

Some Mobile display vehicles where driving is not the primary job

Why did you want to know ? Any reason ?

Mobile big screens for sure, or anything not for hire or reward

Noworries:

I think thats actually ANYTHING classed as a “display” or “show” vehicle! this AFAIK stretches to fairground vehicles aswell.

also some Animal transports are tacho exempt, recovery work, anything under 7.5 ton, civil and armed forces, anything classed as plant, busses operating on stage carrying service within 50 miles of their home depot…

:slight_smile:

B…

Certain classes of animal waste (they don’t want you parking a truck full of carcasses with bird flu etc, up for a 45 somewhere)

Not so sure now, but when my mate was a bread delivery man (multi drop) his motor didn’t even have a tacho. Apparently he was classed as a baker, but it was a good few years back.

Oh. Has anyone mentioned Fire Engines? “Sorry you’re house burnt down, but my hours were up”

EU will probably bring it in before long.

Anything under 3.5 ton with less than 8 passenger seats, road sweepers, volumetric concrete mixers, vehicles being used solely agricultural purposes within a certain radius of the farm. If you get really desperate and I mean REALLY desperate, after you have tried going on the game, being a rent boy, selling body parts for cash and robbing grannies you COULD be a taxi driver! :wink: :wink:

Council trucks

mucker85:
Anything under 3.5 ton with less than 8 passenger seats, road sweepers, volumetric concrete mixers, vehicles being used solely agricultural purposes within a certain radius of the farm. If you get really desperate and I mean REALLY desperate, after you have tried going on the game, being a rent boy, selling body parts for cash and robbing grannies you COULD be a taxi driver! :wink: :wink:

I have many other options before i’d ever become a taxi driver lol… Not sure if i’d want to do vans, if the perfect job came up i would but from my experience its serious hours for very little pay.

Irish continental work. Only need the tacho for half shift

kitbuilder123:
Irish continental work. Only need the tacho for half shift

Brilliant :laughing:

Bungle666:

Noworries:

I think thats actually ANYTHING classed as a “display” or “show” vehicle! this AFAIK stretches to fairground vehicles aswell.

also some Animal transports are tacho exempt, recovery work, anything under 7.5 ton, civil and armed forces, anything classed as plant, busses operating on stage carrying service within 50 miles of their home depot…

:slight_smile:

B…

Vehicles between 3.5 and 7.5t require tacho for hire or reward and restricted licence use

lappland life 186.JPGHi all.Don’t know about your lot, but up here.Trucks working in the mines either above or below ground.The same trucks can be used in the road rebuilding\repairing work with special exemptions.Also working in the Winter snow ploughing.

hutpik:
0Hi all.Don’t know about your lot, but up here.Trucks working in the mines either above or below ground.The same trucks can be used in the road rebuilding\repairing work with special exemptions.Also working in the Winter snow ploughing.

That’s one mean looking tipper, looks great!

HGV driving instructor :smiley: