Driving in to the Unknown

Hi all,

Very soon i will be driving around the Eu for a local company here in Malta.

Theres ■■■■ loads of stuff i need to get sorted before my first time adventure as a C+E trucker :unamused:
Theres Questions wizzing through my head as to whats the norm ie: Fuel: am i issued with a fuel key or Card that enables me to fill up anywhere?
Or do i pay for it myself and get refunded ?

Dose the same go with tolls,Ferries,etc.
I know i will be thrown in at the deep end but i think thats a faster way to learn. :open_mouth: For me never having worked as a Driver before and just starting out in the truckers world i have little idea of what to expect.

Im trying to find out about Digi/taco cards as that are not in use here i have no idea if the company issue me one or i have to get my own?

Any advice would be a great help getting me ready for whats to come.

Mr T :neutral_face:

Cant help sorry with other stuff but the digi card is yours and you have to have your own looks like a credit card bit like your plastic part of drivers licence you can try looking on this website

www.dvla.gov.uk/dvla/onlineservices/order_forms.aspx

I filled out a form for mine here and sent it off and they then posted it back cost for it was £38.00

Hope that helps

Jen x

It is a drivers responsibility to apply for their Digital Tachograph Card.It is a legal document and must be carried at all times,if issued,regardless of it being appropriate for the vehicle that you are driving or not.Before you set off anywhere it would be wise to get some contact numbers from your employer.You need to know who to call in the event of a breakdown and what the procedure is.Remember you only breakdown at the most inconvenient times so you need out of hour numbers as well.Fuel is most commonly purchased with a fuel card but may be tied to a particular chain so make sure that you have got some addresses.Try and avoid paying for anything out of your own pocket,if you have to,then phone for permission first and keep receipts.

A read of this

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

Jennie as he is in Malta there are different rules so that may not work

Ask your employer how he would like you to fuel up & will he be pre booking the ferry BUT dont offer to pay for anything

animal:
A read of this

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

Jennie as he is in Malta there are different rules so that may not work

Ask your employer how he would like you to fuel up & will he be pre booking the ferry BUT dont offer to pay for anything

Ah never thought of that :blush:

( mind you isnt Malta british ?)

Or am I out of date :unamused:

Jen x

LOL Jenne.

I would say your about 40 years out of date with that 1, Malta got there independence in the 60s,
The Maltese follow a lot of the british laws but thay have there own also.

As for me as i will be running around Europe the Rules and Regs i should think would be all the same.

I guess as with everything the education starts from when im out there.

Mr T

Oh dear mind you not too far out 40 yrs :wink: :unamused:

j x