Driving in socks

How many people on here drive in der socks or slippers ?

Not to ruin der quilted floor matts

I drive in socks all the time. No point wearing company issue steelies all day. Is it legal to drive in socks?

or even barefoot when its hot

Open toed sequin slingbacks with a 3inch heel :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:
Open toed sequin slingbacks with a 3inch heel :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Or slingback wellies when I’m in a tipper

I spent my entire driving career driving in socks. It’s alot more comfortable in lorries with the exhaust brake under your heel rather than the ball of your foot (DAF) though.

billybigrig wrote:
Open toed sequin slingbacks with a 3inch heel

Is all I could think off :smiley:

Best I could find
neatorama.com/2011/01/24/hig … -flippers/

billybigrig:

Handbag to match ? :slight_smile:

Reason I asked just wanna to see how many does,

Flip flops, dirty white socks, trakky bottoms, food stained vest.
We ain’t gonna beat em just as well join em.

My answer to the original question is no, it wouldn’t go down well at my place.

I thought that I remembered a thread on here about this and someone posted a report of a driver being prosecuted for this under “not being in control of the vehicle” , or something similar.
Certainly I used to do it if I knew that I was in for a couple of hours on Cruise control.

Never drive with socks on and never ever walk in the lorry with shoes on, the lorry is cleaned several times a day to an ■■■■ degree.

Not worn shoes anyewere in the lorry for years. Drive in slippers after wearing out socks very rapidly on the pedals. Shoes stay outside on the step. It’s a great way to keep cab clean, most dust comes from your feet. Saw an immediate reduction in dust when I started doing it. When this was discussed on here a while back the classic comment that nearly made me ■■■■ myself with laugher was one bright spark say it was dangerous because you need the weight of your boots to be able to apply sufficient pressure on the pedals!

For years I drove in a pair of Moccasin slippers, no point in being uncomfortable, you wouldn’t sit in your lounge with your boots on - would you?

brados:
For years I drove in a pair of Moccasin slippers, no point in being uncomfortable, you wouldn’t sit in your lounge with your boots on - would you?

Couldn’t have put it better myself!!

brados:
, you wouldn’t sit in your lounge with your boots on - would you?

Yes just because it ■■■■■■ the wife off :grimacing:

Ok gents put me straight on this one.I was told yrs ago that you could be fined if you drove in footwear that didnt have a heel on it in holland,is this true or drivers bullcrap?
regards dave’
P.S. I never took any notice.

brados:

My choice also.

dafdave:
Ok gents put me straight on this one.I was told yrs ago that you could be fined if you drove in footwear that didnt have a heel on it in holland,is this true or drivers bullcrap?
regards dave’

When ibgot stopped in Holland for a check they said nothing about my lack of foot wear. And in fact the kind Dutch police man when getting in said I’ll not put my boots on your carpet! Ots very common to leave boots on step in parts of Europe. Lots of Dutchmen do it and its extremely common in Scandinavia

switchlogic:

dafdave:
regards dave’

When ibgot stopped in Holland for a check they said nothing about my lack of foot wear. And in fact the kind Dutch police man when getting in said I’ll not put my boots on your carpet! Ots very common to leave boots on step in parts of Europe. Lots of Dutchmen do it and its extremely common in Scandinavia

I think the Dutch respects other people’s stuff