Driving in poland since they joined the eu

Can anyone give me any information regarding changes to border procedures since Poland joined the EU. I have used the Frankfurt en Oder /swiecko border crossing taking Humanitarian Aid to Belarusand found it a nightmare with the border procedures. Any help would be appreciated
Donjmoore

There is nothing to it now.
I went through Frankfurt oder late last year and all I did was drive straight to the border, stop briefly to swow my passport and away I went.
Stopped just the other side to get my road tax in the building in the middle of the road and that was it.

On the way out there was about a 1km queue but it soon moved.
It was just the Germans checking passports & CMR’s.

Thanks DAZ that is a great help. One more think if you can?. On previous visits the queue normally started on the bridge over the Oder. There was a check point at the Polish side of the bridge where I saw a new weigh-bridge had been made. You then drove into an area that looked like an old bus station, filled in some forms then drove up to the main terminal at Sweicko where the main nightmare began. My question is, ;- Where is the building you get the TAX from?? Thanks again, Donald Moore

The building where I bought my tax is in the centre of the border, as soon as you’ve driven through the passport control.
The old holding area that I think you mean was just full of trucks on rest break, as I say, I just stayed on the motorway all the way to the border. once your through that, pull up somewhere on the right hand side and nip across the road to the two storey building in the middle.
Have a good trip.

The old holding area was used when the border was very busy or if closed, there was some kind of queueing system which was open to corruption :stuck_out_tongue: If you greased the right palms you could jump a big queue.

There was a decent shop though to stock up on Wurst and stewed cabbage.

Should not be a problem now and may be turned into a service area

When entering Belarus don’t forget that it is illegal

to take photographs of the border.

Vince

How times have changed, think last time i was that way was about 15 years ago, at one time was regular through there longest wait was about 18 hours and that was when they changed from doing things the old way to using computers, it was a disaster, even though we were transiting under TIR it was still a bottle neck at the border, then they put if memory serves, a separate adr lane, there were only so many trips you could do trying to drive down that lane, after one really bad night even tried to go through the town to the car border, they were not impressed when i turned up, had to go back the way i came before a large fine, well in zloty’s it was as i seem to recall there was about 18000 to £1 at the time, as has been said now Poland is in the ec must be much like any other ec border.
sdj