Driving in Germany - A different point of view

From an entirely different forum - Thread on Zebra Crossings

DougR:

Brilliant :laughing:

Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft :wink:

Wheel Nut:
Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft :wink:

Ah, the good old Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services. Who need spaces between words eh?

Wheel Nut:

DougR:

Hi Malc,

Today’s quiz is to spot whether there’s a letter missing. :wink:

:open_mouth: And I’m not kidding!! :sunglasses:

:laughing: :laughing: I’ll check back later to see whether you’ve got it. :grimacing:

dieseldave:

Wheel Nut:

DougR:

Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft :wink:

Hi Malc,

Today’s quiz is to spot whether there’s a letter missing. :wink:

:open_mouth: And I’m not kidding!! :sunglasses:

:laughing: :laughing: I’ll check back later to see whether you’ve got it. :grimacing:

Wheel Nut:
Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft :wink:

[/quote]
…is the correct answer

Mind you, and try to imagine this… the German language underwent an official spelling reform (IIRC about 1999ish.)

Before the reform, the double “f” was fine, but since the reform, three "f"s are required.

Trivia
If there were more than one association for those leccy folks, you’d have to add “en” to the end of that rather long word to make the plural form.

dieseldave:
the German language underwent an official spelling reform (IIRC about 1999ish.)

Reform der deutschen Rechtschreibung von 1996

Neuerungen der deutschen Rechtschreibreform von 1996

There you go, Dave :wink:
Knock yourself out… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: