Driving in France after 1st July 2012 you will be required

to carry along with your 2 warning triangles and High Viz vest plus 2 N F approved breathalysers kits. Do you think this is a good or bad thing ? Should drivers be drinking whilst driving at all ?

Well if your going to Spain you need 2 triangles anyway so I don’t see a problem the brethalizer kits will be cheep enough to buy I would have thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miketdt:
to carry along with your 2 warning triangles and High Viz vest plus 2 N F approved breathalysers kits. Do you think this is a good or bad thing ? Should drivers be drinking whilst driving at all ?

Not drinking while driving but I’m partial to a snifter or 2 when parked up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t understand the requirement - surely if you’re pulled over then the police will use their own kits. And if they’re for you to check yourself the morning after, then nobody will as then you wouldn’t have two kits on you and you’ll probably get fined anyway!

plannerman:
I don’t understand the requirement - surely if you’re pulled over then the police will use their own kits. And if they’re for you to check yourself the morning after, then nobody will as then you wouldn’t have two kits on you and you’ll probably get fined anyway!

Well, basically the same as having a First Aid kit that you have never used, or a warning triangle that you have never used, otherwise useless people are paid to draft laws. That’s where our taxes go.

Self assessment, next thing is you will be required to summons yourself and give a satisfactory punishment.

And how many French trucks will get done for not carrying them!!

Money making scheme by the French?

The Biker:
And how many French trucks will get done for not carrying them!!

Money making scheme by the French?

Probably none as they will be provided with the required kit by their respective owners - the French unions will see to that.