driving in fog

In my Mondy when I switch the lights off the fogs go off and don’t come back on.

Santa:
In my Mondy when I switch the lights off the fogs go off and don’t come back on.

Santa, does Rudolphs nose count as a fog light :question:

i know it’s probably a stupid question but what’s the point in front fog lights? I can’t see any difference when i put mine on. Or am i missing something?

unless visibility is really poor, fog lights are more of a hazard.
■■■■ things are so bright when you can see a good distance in front, it is more dangerous.

If I had the chance to be old bill for half a day I would nick everyone of the ■■■■■ with the fog lights on :imp:

Mr B:
i know it’s probably a stupid question but what’s the point in front fog lights? I can’t see any difference when i put mine on. Or am i missing something?

I am with you on that they are not needed, they dont have a purpose. They are not needed on a car.

■■■■■■00:
unfortuantley brit fog lights dont stop accidents human error causes grief and suffering. Today or tomorrow somebody wont be going home for christmas due to speed…

and well all send condolenceses to their family… :cry:

bubsy06:

Mr B:

I am with you on that they are not needed, they dont have a purpose. They are not needed on a car.

I think they are position lights as in side lights so you can be seen when parked or a headlight breaks, and another can identify the width of the vehicle. The benefit of fog lights may come in useful if the other position lights ( side lights)are on rather than headlights. All that of course may be a load of codwallop :unamused:

This is what I have found, in freezing dense fog, lights can show you bugger all and can cause more illusions.

I once with a mate of mine, many years ago drove home from Hinckley in dense freezing fog and did turn the lights off. With my pal hanging out of the nearside keeping us close to or as the DSA would say " Reasonably close to the kerb" we made it . The lights on the vehicle were less than useful. We are talking 26 years ago, and were driving at 10 mph or so.

An occassion you never forget. :laughing: when we got home.

Mr B:

I think the discussion is really about rear fogs which, IMHO, do increase road safety if used correctly. (Turn them off when they would dazzle the driver behind you)

My front fogs do work well in very thick fog…

Ok so why do they bang he rear fogs so close to the break lights why not put them away from them.

It’ll give us half a chance to see when the prats have decided to slow down or stop :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

I feel the same about trucks driving at 56 in thick fog. The other day I slowed to 45 on a dual carriageway in thick fog and I suddenly found myself “speeding” past a Tesco trolley. The shame I felt!