Driving in civvy street?

Hi guys,

Long story short, I’m looking at leaving the army and I’m hoping to get some insight into what my prospects of employment are on ‘civvy street’ from some more experienced guys on here. A bit about me:

-West Yorkshire based
-Held C since June 2012
-Held C+E since July 2012
-ADR class 3 (in tanks) since 2013
-Tacho card held
-Fairly regular experience driving rigids, not so much with trailers but still competent
-Civilian fuel tanker training completed annually, experience driving artic curtain siders and laden tankers. Completed training and assessments with DHL and suckling transport (shell contract)

Any insight would be appreciated! :smiley:

Clarky

You’ll need driver cpc intitial qualification. That’s Mod 2 - case studies followed by Mod 4 - practical demonstration.

Some employers like ex forces guys, others are not so keen. Just a matter of find the right one!

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks mate! I’m guessing they’re courses that are widely avaliable, but how much does the minimum CPC qualification cost?

Cheers

Initial dcpc
theory test done at theory test centre
practical test done at practical test centre - need to hire appropriate lorry and have some training from LGV school

Total cost of both likely to be £250 to £300

Will you be entitled to any resettlement? If so, perhaps that could pay for the initial DCPC.

Cheers ROG!

And yeah I will be, £2000 or there abouts, just trying to plan as best I can before taking the leap!

Give Elmet lgv training a call

ROG:
Give Elmet lgv training a call

Yep I can help :smiley:

Paul :smiley:

Thanks Paul, I’ve dropped you guys an email :smiley:

See if there is a job going in your area with Jewson.
If you get a driving position with them you are placed on a week long induction course at their training center in Bradford. Expenses paid week in a hotel with a hire car full of fuel thrown in, full DCPC, HiAB training and test and company policy training given to you.

All you need to qualify is a cat C license and a brain, and they are ok with ex squaddies.

Cheers Kaistar! :smiley:

clarky3013:
Cheers Kaistar! :smiley:

Welcome :wink: