Driving in Canada.

Gremmie:
… 99% of peeps on forums use nicknames so how will trucking company A know who Plonker 37 really is, Please guys get away from these conspirocy theories that all the trucking companies do is moniter the forums.

Hi Gremmie,

It is true that some tucking companies monitor truckers’ forums, and we have several trucking company bosses as members here on TNUK.

A good nickname won’t save a poster if they’ve spouted a load of crap, because there will always be somebody who genuinely knows what’s what, or been there etc, and possibly even knows the person from what they’ve said. :wink:

:bulb: The thing that surprises me the most is that some of the folks who post just don’t seem to realise just how public it all is. :unamused:

Some of us don’t really care anyway.

at my last job …a good friend)expat) who posted on another forum was suspended for what he had written ,when suspended he started another job he had pr luckily enough… what he wrote was in his circumstances true…
i know the hr manager was a lurker on bta, b ex…as there was only 3 brits & 1 russian at said company it was not hard to figure out who said it
:open_mouth:

just dont post anything you cant prove in court simple

yup i agree brentanna ,but he mentioned the <we are treated as 2nd class drivers etc< ;whine …but it was true they sat him for 3days at minneapollis and ran other drivers up from further south to load in st.paul…& it was true he was given a punnishment run for talking back to dispatch…( a depot -depot drop for a customer ,calgary to edmonton ,takes most the day to unload $50 for a days work.)everbody at company knew this was a punnishment for something you did wrong…yes i got it once ,kept my thoughts to myself after that ,
but he raised his head above the parrapet and paid for it…
as i was told soon after starting by other drivers…■■■■ it up buttercup its the canadian way,it wont be long before you get . residency… :laughing:

Brentanna:

Telling the truth about companies only makes you safe from litigation, it won’t protect you from being sacked, which is very easy to do to a TFW.
My wife started a blog before we went to Canada, and was asked to remove a post before I had even turned a wheel with the company. As she wasn’t employed by them she should have said no, but chose to comply to keep the peace and prevent me from being dismissed, a great introduction to the company, eh?

JIMBO47:
yup i agree brentanna ,but he mentioned the <we are treated as 2nd class drivers etc< ;whine …but it was true they sat him for 3days at minneapollis and ran other drivers up from further south to load in st.paul…& it was true he was given a punnishment run for talking back to dispatch…( a depot -depot drop for a customer ,calgary to edmonton ,takes most the day to unload $50 for a days work.)everbody at company knew this was a punnishment for something you did wrong…yes i got it once ,kept my thoughts to myself after that ,
but he raised his head above the parrapet and paid for it…
as i was told soon after starting by other drivers…■■■■ it up buttercup its the canadian way,it wont be long before you get . residency… :laughing:

“he mentioned the <we are treated as 2nd class drivers etc< ;whine”

You can’t talk back to dispatch, and you get punished financially if you do… then YOU as a fellow driver slag him off for not ‘sucking it up’?

Maybe you should have stuck together to prevent the ‘Canadian way’ cuckolding you all.

I see no reason for a smiley art the end of your post, I can live with never having sucked up to anyone, can you?

no not slagging my friend of ,thought/and told him so he was stupid for putting it on line!
and yeh i sucked it up buttercup till i got pr and left for a better job.nobody left at firm that started on a twp.
aint just canada you get crap for talking back to dispatch it happens in uk u know.
mmm doing it the canadian way…cause we are in canada. not uk.
you see no need for a laughing smiley …thats because theres no get it up you smiley ok.!!

mickfly:

Brentanna:

Telling the truth about companies only makes you safe from litigation, it won’t protect you from being sacked, which is very easy to do to a TFW.
My wife started a blog before we went to Canada, and was asked to remove a post before I had even turned a wheel with the company. As she wasn’t employed by them she should have said no, but chose to comply to keep the peace and prevent me from being dismissed, a great introduction to the company, eh?

PMSL, what kind of fool slags of their new employer on a public blog before they’ve even started working their :laughing: :laughing: , you got what you deserved in my book. :open_mouth:

So many of you come over here thinking they can change the system here, ive even tried it in little steps from a dispatchers side. IT DONT WORK, the system here is what it is, it works, it gets the job done and yes people get hurt along the way, as it does in every country. So either blend in or stay at home,please coz you wont help any one by coming here with a big mouth and big plans for restructuring the North American trucking industry.

Gremmie:

mickfly:

Brentanna:

PMSL, what kind of fool slags of their new employer on a public blog before they’ve even started working their :laughing: :laughing: , you got what you deserved in my book. :open_mouth:

So many of you come over here thinking they can change the system here, ive even tried it in little steps from a dispatchers side. IT DONT WORK, the system here is what it is, it works, it gets the job done and yes people get hurt along the way, as it does in every country. So either blend in or stay at home,please coz you wont help any one by coming here with a big mouth and big plans for restructuring the North American trucking industry.

“PMSL, what kind of fool slags of their new employer on a public blog before they’ve even started working their :laughing: :laughing: , you got what you deserved in my book. :open_mouth:

Read my post again please.

My wife posted something (didn’t slag the company off), NOT ME, and SHE didn’t work for them, so why the hell should she be censored?
Have you read her blog? It contains one negative post by me, late on, but WHY shouldn’t she post what the hell she wants?

EDIT: Repeated for people who can’t read… “(didn’t slag the company off)”

mickfly:

Gremmie:

mickfly:

Brentanna:

“PMSL, what kind of fool slags of their new employer on a public blog before they’ve even started working their :laughing: :laughing: , you got what you deserved in my book. :open_mouth:

Read my post again please.

My wife posted something (didn’t slag the company off), NOT ME, and SHE didn’t work for them, so why the hell should she be censored?
Have you read her blog? It contains one negative post by me, late on, but WHY shouldn’t she post what the hell she wants?

But she did live in one of their trucks while you were working for them, didn’t she? I always found it to be a good policy in life generally not to ■■■■ on your own doorstep.

Hey Mick, editing your prior post to answer a comment I made about it is not ignoring me. Who do you think you are fooling? Must admit though it took a bit longer for me to notice.

It matters not whether the company was slagged off or not, they just didn’t like what was posted on the blog. If you wanted the job and she wanted to live in the truck with you, you had to do what they wanted. If you don’t or you ■■■■■ about it, don’t be surprised when things don’t go as well as you’d hoped. I keep hoping you’ll learn that spouting off doesn’t pay when the people you spout off to have a hold over you. You need to ■■■■ it up until you can move on. Then you can stick it to them all you like. If you ever get the chance to try again in Canada I wonder if you will go with the same attitude.

I’m sure you will ignore my advice because you know best, eh Mick? :sunglasses:

Big Jon’s dad:
Hey Mick, editing your prior post to answer a comment I made about it is not ignoring me. Who do you think you are fooling? Must admit though it took a bit longer for me to notice.

It matters not whether the company was slagged off or not, they just didn’t like what was posted on the blog. If you wanted the job and she wanted to live in the truck with you, you had to do what they wanted. If you don’t or you ■■■■■ about it, don’t be surprised when things don’t go as well as you’d hoped. I keep hoping you’ll learn that spouting off doesn’t pay when the people you spout off to have a hold over you. You need to ■■■■ it up until you can move on. Then you can stick it to them all you like. If you ever get the chance to try again in Canada I wonder if you will go with the same attitude.

I’m sure you will ignore my advice because you know best, eh Mick? :sunglasses:

Ahh the font of all knowledge :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

FAO nianiamh

I’ve moved your post to this topic:

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=67906&start=30

Lads like Kit builder I’m still thinking of heading to Canada as for H&R we were told that we would need to resit our class1 in order to obtain a CDL+airbrake at $3500,There is another company at present recruiting in Ireland and they reckon if you can get a UK class1 that you dont need to resit the class1 and only pay for the airbrake thingy which costs about $250 CAD.
The company is recruiting for the Ontario region they would not reveal the name of their client while I spoke to them.

ra dar:
Lads like Kit builder I’m still thinking of heading to Canada as for H&R we were told that we would need to resit our class1 in order to obtain a CDL+airbrake at $3500,There is another company at present recruiting in Ireland and they reckon if you can get a UK class1 that you dont need to resit the class1 and only pay for the airbrake thingy which costs about $250 CAD.
The company is recruiting for the Ontario region they would not reveal the name of their client while I spoke to them.

If they won’t reveal the name then they have a lot to hide, give them a wide berth :bulb:

ra dar:

You should also ignore what they say as its BS

ra dar:

Who told you it would cost $3500 with H&R’s preferred trainers?
Way over the top.

Once again… THE UK CLASS 1 can ONLY be exchanged for a Canadian CAR licence.

A truck (and airbrake) test must be passed in Canada.

ra dar:

In Alberta the airbrake endorsement was around $100 and was a one day course. Jon mentioned this was being changed to a 2 day course sometime soon. Presumeably this will cost more.
Jon’s Canadian class 1 cost about $1500 for training plus the theory test and road test fees which have to be paid to the registry agent. I can’t recall how much these were, but not a huge amount.

Link to information about registry agents. Fees vary between agents so shopping around may be worthwhile.
servicealberta.ca/1641.cfm

servicealberta.ca/1671.cfm#countries_JM

You can exchange some licences for an Alberta class 5 licence.

You cannot exchange a licence from Ireland (north or south).
You must take the full test for a car licence too, unless you exchange a licence from a few countries which have reciprocal arrangements with Alberta.

Bad luck if you hold an Irish licence.