driving hrs

so here it is i did a 15hr shift 10hrs driving then i had a reduced rest of 9hrs then i did 15hrs again 10hrs driving as i was in london a couple of drops and a run back to preston my mate said im over my hrs am i not allowed reduced rest this way? and if im over how bad is it.

saying that still only had 10hrs driving in 24hrs so answering my own question just the reduced bit i hope is ok

You are all good, you have used both your 10s and only have one reduced rest left until you complete a weekly rest simples.

You’re not over and that’s fine, crack on driver. Only 9 hours driving left though and I’ll not go into daily rest as the pedants on here will go off on one about splits etc :laughing:

I agree with above… Your fine. 1 reduced left. & only 9 hours driving left per day.

sweeper1gg:
so here it is i did a 15hr shift 10hrs driving then i had a reduced rest of 9hrs then i did 15hrs again 10hrs driving as i was in london a couple of drops and a run back to preston my mate said im over my hrs am i not allowed reduced rest this way? and if im over how bad is it.

There are some people who seem to believe that you can’t have a extended driving day followed by a reduced daily rest period, if that’s what your mate is talking about he’s wrong.

From the information you’ve given the only thing you’ve done wrong is to listen to your mate :wink:

If both 10s were done in this fixed week then you cannot do another 10 until the next fixed week
10 meaning any driving over 9

If only 2 daily rest reductions since your last weekly rest then you can have one more before the next weekly rest

There are no rules preventing any combination being done together or back to back

There is no driving time rule for within a 24 hour period on EU regs but there is for UK domestic regs

Thanks chaps i thought i was right but when somebody doubts it i just double check. :wink:

sweeper1gg:
saying that still only had 10hrs driving in 24hrs so answering my own question just the reduced bit i hope is ok

By the way, for EU regulations you’re limited to 9/10 hours driving between daily rest periods, not 9 or 10 hours driving in the 24 hour period.

sweeper1gg:
Thanks chaps i thought i was right but when somebody doubts it i just double check. :wink:

Quite right to do just that :smiley:

That’s the advantage of an open forum like this - someone spouts crap and loads put you right

ROG:
There is no driving time rule for within a 24 hour period on EU regs but there is for UK domestic regs

What is the difference?

The-Snowman:

ROG:

What is the difference?

Domestic regs are ( a lot ) simpler than EU ones.

transportsfriend.org/hours/domestic.html