driving hours

I am looking for advice on driving hours as i work shifts, 4 on 4 off.
I know the basics, 3 x 15 & 2 x 13. 3 x 10 hours driving etc per week. But with working shifts, my weeks spread over into the next week. For example this week i worked sunday monday, then had tues, weds thurs off. Back in work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.
Are each of my 4 day shifts classed as a week, or are the weeks still 00.00am monday to 24.00 sunday?? very confused!!!

with a 4 on 4 off you’d have 4 days in work and 4 off, right? But you’ve said that this week you’ve only had 3 days off and worked four?

Work: Mon, Fri, Sat, Sun
Rest: Tue, Wed, Thur

If you set it out in a tabled form it might be easier to understand for yourself too :wink:

Week is still the fixed Monday to Sunday. Your rota will cycle over eight weeks to include four four day week and four three day weeks. When you work fri to mon the first week is a three day, fri sat sun and the second is a three day week. Mon sat sun.

Tracyann:
I know the basics, 3 x 15 & 2 x 13. 3 x 10 hours driving etc per week.

Ok, let’s tidy that bit up first. You can do three reduced rests (15’s as you say), and must have at least a regular rest on other shifts (so 11 hrs rest leaves 13 hrs) not necessarily only two. These are between two, weekly rest periods - in other words, in your own working week, which may not necessarily be the fixed week

It is two 10 hour drives, not three. These are in the fixed week. You could, for example do 4 back to back 10 hour drives if you worked Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - 2 in each fixed week.

Tracyann:
Are each of my 4 day shifts classed as a week, or are the weeks still 00.00am monday to 24.00 sunday?? very confused!!!

So to recap - Reduced rests are between 2 weekly rest periods, extended drives are per fixed week.

I’m sure that someone who can explain this better will be along - but hope that helps for now.

Thank you so much for your help.
Basically the fixed week still stands,(Monday 0.00 hours - Sunday 23.59 hours) no matter how my shifts fall?

Fixed week stands as normal but your weekly rest is between shifts so you have to remember that your rest reductons / 15 hour spreads are between weekly rest periods

Tracyann:
Thank you so much for your help.
Basically the fixed week still stands,(Monday 0.00 hours - Sunday 23.59 hours) no matter how my shifts fall?

Yes.

Grumpy you have explained it quite well.

Tracyann just remember that sometimes some of your (4 consec. days) duty and driving hours will fall within the first fixed week and some in the second.