Driving hours

Right peeps I’m still confused with theres bloody driving regs!

Tomorrow I am doing some agency work which will be the first time I have worked since Thursday at 1900.

Question 1. How many hours in total can I drive tommorow?
Question 2. In simple terms how many breaks do I need to fit into this time?
Question 3. Will I ever GET these damned rules??

I’ve read the newbie stickys and I’ve read the DSA’s website but still can’t find the answer to these simple questions!

you can do a 15 hour day, 10 hours driving, must have a 45 minute break after 4 1/2 hours driving.
Just to confuse you, you could do 16 hours aslong as you have 12 hours of rest with the last period of rest being at least 8 hours and the others being at least an hour with no more than 3 breaks counting towards your daily rest.

Super Dan:
Right peeps I’m still confused with theres bloody driving regs!

Tomorrow I am doing some agency work which will be the first time I have worked since Thursday at 1900.

Question 1. How many hours in total can I drive tommorow?
Question 2. In simple terms how many breaks do I need to fit into this time?
Question 3. Will I ever GET these damned rules??

I’ve read the newbie stickys and I’ve read the DSA’s website but still can’t find the answer to these simple questions!

1. You can drive tomorrow 4.5 hours 45min break + 4.5 hours = 9 hours driving in total + 45min break +1hr = 10hr driving in total (you can only use the extra 1 hr twice a week.

2. You need to fit 45 mins of breaks in before the first 4.5 period is up IE before you run totally out of your 4.5 hr period of driving time.

So this can be taken as a full 45 munite break EG in one shot, or as multiples theirof. 15 min plus 30 min. 25 min plus 20 min.

Please bear in mind, that if you take the 45 munite break well before the first 4.5 hr period is up, then that sends you to the next driving period

Hope this helps .

Ian. :wink:

Dan your new week starts 00:00hrs Monday morning so it is basically the start of a new week,you have had your weekly rest as you havent worked since Thursday.
You can do a 15 hour day with 9 hours daily rest,or a 13 hour with 11 hours daily rest but obviously if you do a 15 (i.e over 13 hours)tomorrow you can only do another 2 upto 15 hour days for the rest of the week .Any time worked over 13hrs is classed as a 15 hour day,so if you only work 13 and a half hours it is still a 15 hour day and you must have at least 9 hours daily rest.
Hope this sort of helps you

Dan. The best guide to driving hours has just been updated.
The Pocket Guide to LGV Drivers Hours & Tachograpth Law by David Lowe is the best guide to drivers hours on the market. It lists which rules apply to who & which exemptions apply to which drivers plus info on the proposed changes to drivers hours, info on the working time directive & the Road Transport Directive as well as info on the new digital Tachos.
All this & it only costs £12.99 (Sorry £10.39 if you buy it direct.).

kogan-page.co.uk/asp/bookdet … p?key=3541

I don’t know If this any use to anyone but if you go to
the lgv test centre and ask for a book on drivers hours and
tachograph rules and its FREE and about 34 pages.

convoy:

The DSA giving something away!

Bump…

Sorry just fell over with shock :open_mouth:

killsville:

convoy:

The DSA giving something away!

Bump…

Sorry just fell over with shock :open_mouth:

I got a video from Ponty…

Perhaps I should take a look it might be ■■■■ :slight_smile:

Was the video free to steve_24v. The book looks
quite good to killsville no expense spared so I
wonder who paid for them. My instructor told me
to get 2 of those books as he wanted one on stock
for other learner drivers.

The Book, is the GV262, and if you phone Vosa they will put one in the post to your home address.

Alternatively, go to the Useful Links forum, where you can download a copy. :unamused:

Convoy, I don’t know what your Instructor was messing about at. If he had phoned Vosa they would have sent him a bulk supply.

I’ve got about 20 spare copies if anyone is passing. :laughing: