driving hours?

I am hoping someone can help me out? I recently passed my Class 2, and have signed up with an agency who says they can offer me some work on my days off. My current job is driving 7.5 tonners obviously these are on tacho. The hours on this job are 4 days on 2 days off. I need to know if I am able to drive for the agency on one of my days off.

I am really eager to get some experiance on Class 2 as soon as possible, so I can get more regular work on them, as I am travelling 50 mins to work each day i need to get something else sorted. The agency advised me not to give up my job just yet as they are a little short of work until late Feb/early March.

Anyone Help??

Thanks

Martin

You should be able to drive on at least one of your days off every two weeks, possibly two days.

You will have to make sure in any two weeks you have one rest period of at least 45 hours and one of at least 24. For weeks where you have less than 45 hours you will also have to make sure you compensate for the reduced rest periods.

Your situation is complicated slightly by the fact your normal 4 days are a rolling period and it is much easier to answer this sort of question from someone who works Monday to Friday and wants to do a bit extra at weekends. They are pretty much limited to 1 day per fortnight extra but in your situation you will be able to do 1 day in some fortnights and 2 days in others, it’s all down to meeting the rest requirements.