Driving Hours

Can I just confirm the situation with driving hours please.

My previous employed job was 7.5 ton multi drop ( 40-60 per day) and due to the stop start and never really driving more than 3 miles in one go I just took a 45 min break at 6 hours from my start time.

So if I started at 7am - I took my break at 1pm

In a Class 2 with say 3 drops would I do the same if my driving are not a constant 4.5 hours without stopping?

It dont matter if you drive constant 4.5h its all the driving together. The head unit usually starts to flash you about break at 4h driving

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

folken83:
It dont matter if you drive constant 4.5h its all the driving together. The head unit usually starts to flash you about break at 4h driving

So if I drive 2 hours, stop do 1 delivery

Drive 10 mins and do 1 delivery

Drive 15 mins and do 1 delivery

And still have time left before a break but I must have a break after 6 hours…yes?

Can I adjust the tacho so I can see how many hours are left to drive? IS this possible

Kynszon:

folken83:

So if I drive 2 hours, stop do 1 delivery

Drive 10 mins and do 1 delivery

Drive 15 mins and do 1 delivery

And still have time left before a break but I must have a break after 6 hours…yes?

Can I adjust the tacho so I can see how many hours are left to drive? IS this possible

Two types of tacho I’ve used.

1. Normal type. Press the down arrow. And it will show you your driving hours. Once you have done your 45 it will reset.

2. Scania type. These always show you how long you have to drive. But they work the opposite way. So instead of showing 10 mins driving they show 4.20 left.

Both types start going mental when you get to 4.15 driving. So you have 15 mins to find somewhere to park.

Yes you need a break after 4.5h driving or 6h work whichever comes first