Driving hours

Hi guys
I know I know there a many posts about driving hours but I have conflicting advice from the agency I work for and the company they send me to.

I started work for a new company last Thursday 12/05/16 worked till Sunday 15/05/16.

Then I worked this Monday 16/06/16, off Tuesday, then I have been asked to work till Sunday 22:05:16(agency guy says it’s ok I don’t need 45hrs weekly break but the company says I need to tell the agency to give me the weekend off.

Who is right? Help am a new driver and I am trying to get my head around these driving hours especially the weekly rest.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trukazz:
Hi guys
I know I know there a many posts about driving hours but I have conflicting advice from the agency I work for and the company they send me to.

I started work for a new company last Thursday 12/05/16 worked till Sunday 15/05/16.

Then I worked this Monday 16/06/16, off Tuesday, then I have been asked to work till Sunday 22:05:16(agency guy says it’s ok I don’t need 45hrs weekly break but the company says I need to tell the agency to give me the weekend off.

Who is right? Help am a new driver and I am trying to get my head around these driving hours especially the weekly rest.

Thanks

If the day off on the Tuesday was at least 24 hours that is a reduced rest period.

Did you have a rest period of at least 45 hours before Thursday 12th?

I had stopped working for a different company on the 5/05/16 so I had not worked for about two weeks before I started on Thursday

You can work until Sunday then have either a reduced weekly rest period or a regular weekly rest period.

You will need to start a regular 45 hour weekly rest period before 23:59 on Sunday 29th.

edit: Actually you can work until Monday then have a at-least a reduced weekly rest period if you wanted to, as long as there’s no more than 144 hours between weekly rest periods you’ll be legal.

Thank you very much