Driving hours

Bit of a silly question. Starting a new job tomorrow driving a rigid doing multidrops. just looking to know when your in a queue waiting to tip do you put your tachograph on poa are break??

Personally I put mine on break as I never under any circumstances use POA. However, I get paid for all breaks, others may differ and as such utilise POA. I appreciate that someone will be along soon to state that in the eyes of the law it should be other work, and that is as maybe. I however live in the real world and sticking it on break potentially gives me the flexibility to get where I want to be that night.

If in a queue and not working or driving then break if you get paid for recorded breaks

Cannot be other work if you are just sitting there recouperating even with the engine running to keep warm

I agree with Rog however - It can be WORK if you want. There wouldn’t be an offence to record work and sit drinking coffee or sleeping.

I know many will argue that in a queue means you cannot recuperate as you are sat watching for the truck in front to move up and cannot relax/recuperate. Personally I’d be recording BREAK. If the boss moans about the amount of break, or wants to deduct from my wages, then it’s POA. Of course some will argue it can’t be POA as you don’t know how long it will be - I would say that in general, you look out of the window, see what’s going on and you then ‘know’ how long it will be. Who can prove you don’t know■■?

Stick it on break if you are sat doing nothing.

Salaried running max hours then Other Work.

Paid breaks and looking to save working time then break.