Driving hours (working week)

Hi guys, a bit of advice is needed

we work a 4 on 4 off rota at our place.

Now i was talking to a lad the other week and he says our working week is the 4 days or so that we work. But our employer says the working week is monday to sunday respective. The problem is i started on thursday and did 15 hr day, same again friday, saturday, and today (monday) i am working overtime (5th day) and will be doing another 15 hr shift. Now they are saying this is legal as we are on a new working week, but if i go by what i was told a few weeks ago it will end up me doing 4 15hr shifts in a week.

Please someone tell me the law on this

Thanks

Anything you work after 23.59 on a sunday is classed as a new working week,
WTD rules state working week for drivers hours are 00.00 sunday night monday morning until 23.59 sunday night is classed as one working week for drivers hours as on a sunday night your 90 working fortnight and hours from previous 2 weeks are taking off.

so the fact that we do 4 on 4 off, the working week remains the same (monday to sunday?)

yes it does truckermart if you are working friday to monday you can do 15’s but only have 2 remaining for the following week.
does not matter what shift you are on the week always starts at 00.00 on the monday morning and finishes at 23.59 sunday nights.

A 15 hour shift means that is a reduced daily rest (unless you have had 3 consecutive hours off during that shift which you can use as a split daily rest = full daily rest)

You can have a maximum of 3 reduced daily rests BETWEEN WEEKLY REST PERIODS and not each WEEK (mon 0000 to sun 2400)

TruckerMart:
i started on thursday and did 15 hr day, same again friday, saturday, and today (monday) i am working overtime (5th day) and will be doing another 15 hr shift. Now they are saying this is legal

ILLEGAL

This is your work record as I see it -
Weekly rest
thu - reduced daily rest
fri - reduced daily rest
sat - reduced daily rest
sun - full daily rest
mon - reduced daily rest
weekly rest

As you can see - there are four reduced daily rests between weekly rest periods :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

PS - your thread title mentions DRIVING HOURS but they have nothing to do with this exept for the fact that it is the max 10 hour (anything over the 9 counts as 10) driving days that are twice per WEEK (mon 0000 to sun 2400) and I think that is where the confusion is…

curly:
WTD rules state working week for drivers hours are 00.00 sunday night monday morning until 23.59 sunday night is classed as one working week for drivers hours as on a sunday night your 90 working fortnight and hours from previous 2 weeks are taking off.

The RT(WTD)R hours are also based on the WEEK (mon 0000 to sun 2400) but again, that has nothing to do with rest periods or driving hours

TruckerMart:
Hi guys, a bit of advice is needed

we work a 4 on 4 off rota at our place.

Now i was talking to a lad the other week and he says our working week is the 4 days or so that we work. But our employer says the working week is monday to sunday respective. The problem is i started on thursday and did 15 hr day, same again friday, saturday, and today (monday) i am working overtime (5th day) and will be doing another 15 hr shift. Now they are saying this is legal as we are on a new working week, but if i go by what i was told a few weeks ago it will end up me doing 4 15hr shifts in a week.

Please someone tell me the law on this

Thanks

Your working week is in effect the period between between weekly rest periods, and it could be less than 7 days. and the fixed week runs from 00:00 Monday until 24:00 Sunday. (I know there is no such time as 24:00 Sunday but that is how they define it in the regulations.) You are confusing working week and fixed week.

Now to the nitty gritty. First thing you need to know is your employer is a trumpet, the fact we are just into a new fixed week has no bearing on daily rest reductions. You can reduce 3 times between weekly rest periods and as you have already done that since the end of your last weekly rest period you cannot work more than 13 hours today.

You should suggest to whichever trumpet is telling you it is okay to do 15 hours today that they should seriously consider some retraining.