Driving hours tachos etc

hi all am a newbie on this and not had test passed long, could some one please explain driving taho rules in normal english.
how many hours can you work in one day and how much driving etc
i normally start at 6 am and have normally done by 3 so its not normally a problem but am doing distance shortly and want to know how many hours i can drive for etc

hi matt
if you buy truck and driver magazine this month it has a dvd on it from vosa which is all about drivers hours and tachographs, i was having trouble understanding hours and the law and this dvd explained it in plain simple english so i would definatly recommend it
steve

many thanks ill do that i normally buy it anyway

thomo1709:
it has a dvd on it from vosa which is all about drivers hours and tachographs,

Does anyone have a spare copy of this dvd, pm me if you can help me out.

Thanks

You can get it from your local VOSA office free of charge, they also have some others you can have, I went in there for a Digi Tacho application form and came out with an armfull of stuff!

Alex

Scarab:
You can get it from your local VOSA office free of charge, they also have some others you can have, I went in there for a Digi Tacho application form and came out with an armfull of stuff!

Alex

Thanks for that Scarab will go down tomorrow and see what I can blag.

bigmatt2806:
hi all am a newbie on this and not had test passed long, could some one please explain driving taho rules in normal english.
how many hours can you work in one day and how much driving etc
i normally start at 6 am and have normally done by 3 so its not normally a problem but am doing distance shortly and want to know how many hours i can drive for etc

Have you seen the Drivers Hours & Tachograph Regulations

I emailed vosa and they sent me out free brochure and DVD

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/ … G_1289.jpg

I got it within 8 days.

this would be of use too- from VOSA (email addy: enquiries@vosa.gov.uk)…

GV262 - Drivers Hours and Tachograph Rules for Goods Vehicles

or you can download a copy (60 pages!) here:

vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/reposit … 202008.pdf

:wink: