DRIVING HOURS HELP

As a mechanic by trade i only work the odd day driving for the same firm.
So can someone please help me with this query?? :confused: :confused:
If i drive for 3.5hrs and reach my destination and then have a 45min break while on the bay.How do i make sure i don,t loose than 1 hr driving time if i,ve already had my 1st 45 min break? Hope this makes sense and someone can help Thanks and merry xmas :smiley: :smiley:

you can’t lose it :wink: if you drove another 4.5 hours all you need to do is take a second 45 minute break, then you could drive again up to your daily driving limit

I was thinking along them lines but was unsure so after 2nd 45 i can drive what ever is left i.e if it was a 10 hr day it would be 2hr??

LOOPY LOU:
As a mechanic by trade i only work the odd day driving for the same firm.
So can someone please help me with this query?? :confused: :confused:
If i drive for 3.5hrs and reach my destination and then have a 45min break while on the bay.How do i make sure i don,t loose than 1 hr driving time if i,ve already had my 1st 45 min break? Hope this makes sense and someone can help Thanks and merry xmas :smiley: :smiley:

if I understand you correctly, you won’t lose the driving time over the day, you will need to take another 45 after another 4 and half hours driving but you can still do 9 or 10 hours driving during the day as long as you have all the necessary breaks.

Or to put it another way, after a 45 minute break (whether taken in one, or as the two specified periods), the β€˜clock’ resets to zero pending the accumulation of a further period of 4 1/2 hours driving - whilst having regard to the relevant maximum for that day.