Driving Hours Advice

Hi guys,

I have been reading this for the past few weeks.

I’m an ex military driver now coming into the industry. I need some advice,

I started work 1300 sunday, can i work until 1300 Saturday? i had 43 and 1/4 hrs off last weekend.

Thanks in advance

It depends what your working and worked the previous week.

A working week is 144 hours start to finish, so yes you can.

I’m always nervous answering these posts as we have some real experts on here.

But in my mind yes you can, but will need at least 45 hours off at the end of another 6 shifts.
By the end of the third following week you will also need to compensate for the 1 & 3/4 hours (call it 2 hours to simplify).

As it’s a small amount though you could compensate on a daily rest by having 13 hours off.

Think of your shifts as 24 hour blocks rather than days. So 6 x 24 hour blocks available before next regular weekly rest.

Dipper_Dave:

But in my mind yes you can, but will need at least 45 hours off at the end of another 6 shifts.
By the end of the third following week you will also need to compensate for the 1 & 3/4 hours (call it 2 hours to simplify).

As it’s a small amount though you could compensate on a daily rest by having 13 hours off.

Think of your shifts as 24 hour blocks rather than days. So 6 x 24 hour blocks available before next regular weekly rest.

Nope, I can’t see the ■■■■■■ innuendo? :open_mouth:
Have I missed it? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

Dipper_Dave:

Nope, I can’t see the ■■■■■■ innuendo? :open_mouth:
Have I missed it? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

He must be saving it for his weekly rest ! [emoji6]

Sorry lads I’m always mindful of missing an innuendo opportunity but due to the constant worry of premed I have to be sensible on rare occasions. Im also sober on this week’s compensating rest period of 60 hours.

Sure that will change later.
Anyway wife’s just gone to work so back to me one handed web pages.

Timmo89:
Hi guys,

I have been reading this for the past few weeks.

I’m an ex military driver now coming into the industry. I need some advice,

I started work 1300 sunday, can i work until 1300 Saturday? i had 43 and 1/4 hrs off last weekend.

Thanks in advance

YES and you must have 45 hours off starting no later than 1300 saturday unless we go back perhaps many weeks or months and find out that you can have another reduced weekly rest as a one off

Thanks for the help.

I was doubting myself, I thought I could, as you say thinking it as 6x 24hrs.

Cheers guys all the best.

If someone’s week starts on Friday and finishes Tuesday, he does sixt shift on Wednesday, does he need to watch his Max 60 hours per week between Monday and Sunday or between Friday and Thursday?
Would anyone be brave enough to tackle this one?

Thanks

hkloss1:
If someone’s week starts on Friday and finishes Tuesday, he does sixt shift on Wednesday, does he need to watch his Max 60 hours per week between Monday and Sunday or between Friday and Thursday?
Would anyone be brave enough to tackle this one?

The 60 hour maximum working time is 60 hours a week, a week runs from 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday.

So the answer is 60 hours working time Monday to Sunday regardless of when your working week starts and ends.

Blimey, that was quick.
Thank you Tachograph

Yes, there are plenty of loop holes in the regulations, to allow you to work 100+ hours. If you so wish…

Personally, I like to use the rules to limit the hours that I work. But then I’m salaried.

:slight_smile:

the nodding donkey:
Yes, there are plenty of loop holes in the regulations, to allow you to work 100+ hours. If you so wish…

Personally, I like to use the rules to limit the hours that I work. But then I’m salaried.

:slight_smile:

I think the max would be 90 hours shift time in a week -
168 hours in a week
24 hours off leaves 144
using split daily rest would be 6 x 15 = 90
6 x 9 off = 54