Driving hours advice please

Im back on agency work ys off,and plan on working 6 days,then having 2 days off,then work 6 again,basically for as long as I can.As Im not reducing my weekly rest period,can I continue doing 6 condecutive shifts? Cheers Ian

5 days one week. 6 days the next week.

You’re fine to do six shifts every week providing you’re not reducing your weekly rest (ie minimum 45 hours).
Make sure you keep in mind the 90 hour fortnightly driving limit and WTD requirements though.

No the op is correct just keep a close eye on your weekly driving hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iankav:
Im back on agency work ys off,and plan on working 6 days,then having 2 days off,then work 6 again,basically for as long as I can.As Im not reducing my weekly rest period,can I continue doing 6 condecutive shifts? Cheers Ian

Yes you can but you will probably find that you have to have another day off around week 10/11 or there will be a week when there’s not a weekly rest period counting for that particular week.

Keep an eye on your weekly rest periods and ensure that one counts for each week and you’ll be fine :wink:

AJF3011:
You’re fine to do six shifts every week providing you’re not reducing your weekly rest (ie minimum 45 hours).
Make sure you keep in mind the 90 hour fortnightly driving limit and WTD requirements though.

Thanks.No worries on me driving hrs and WTD,only average about 5 hrs drive a night.

depend what time you start work work and finish.folow rules-you must taked weekly rest after 6 day-144 hours.so if if you start work examply monday 2pm,you next weekly rest must start not later for 2pm Sunday.in this 144 hours you can work 1,2 or 7 work shift ,if you keep corectly dayly rest.I know to many drivers who work 6 week full legaly.start monday 2 pm.,and monday to friday rork 2pm to 10 pm.Saturday work 6 to 2.full legaly

iankav:

AJF3011:

Thanks.No worries on me driving hrs and WTD,only average about 5 hrs drive a night.

Doesn’t matter WTF you drive - its the weekly rest period that will cause you a problem. I was on one job driving 4hrs a night but it was a 12hr shift.

Andrejs:
depend what time you start work work and finish.folow rules-you must taked weekly rest after 6 day-144 hours.so if if you start work examply monday 2pm,you next weekly rest must start not later for 2pm Sunday.in this 144 hours you can work 1,2 or 7 work shift ,if you keep corectly dayly rest.I know to many drivers who work 6 week full legaly.start monday 2 pm.,and monday to friday rork 2pm to 10 pm.Saturday work 6 to 2.full legaly

Really? :open_mouth: are you sure? :open_mouth:

you, my man, need to brush up on your drivers hours. you cant work 7 shifts. as soon as you have started a new shift that is the start of a new 24 hour period (working day) so you can only do 6…

Lee G:

Andrejs:

you, my man, need to brush up on your drivers hours. you cant work 7 shifts. as soon as you have started a new shift that is the start of a new 24 hour period (working day) so you can only do 6…

Yes you can work 7 shifts in a week.

bald bloke:

Lee G:

Andrejs:

here we ■■■■■■■ go again, i wish people would read up on the drivers hours instead of posting ■■■■■ like that ^ on here

Lee G:

bald bloke:

Lee G:

Andrejs:

here we [zb] go again, i wish people would read up on the drivers hours instead of posting [zb] like that ^ on here

You can also do 8 shifts.

bald bloke:
You can also do 8 shifts.

if working domestic rules yes but not on eu rules you cant, and seeing as he’s asked about weekly rests and driving time i guess the OP is on about eu rules :unamused: :unamused:

Page 22 from the link below.

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … 1111_3.pdf

Weekly rest periods.
A driver must start a weekly rest period no later than at the end of six consecutive 24-hour periods from the end of the last weekly rest period.

Lee G:

bald bloke:

Lee G:

Andrejs:

here we [zb] go again, i wish people would read up on the drivers hours instead of posting [zb] like that ^ on here

Where does it say you cant do 7 shifts then ?

You can work 7 shifts in the six periods of 24 hours (144 hours) on EU regulations, though there does appear to be some debate as to whether or not you could do it in other EU countries.

tachograph:
You can work 7 shifts in the six periods of 24 hours (144 hours) on EU regulations, though there does appear to be some debate as to whether or not you could do it in other EU countries.

I know I know but Lee G said I didn’t know what I was saying.

I might be able to save you a load of arguing here. We’ve had several multipage discussions on this very subject, which to be honest got really boring. So i’ll try give the info and outcome as we know it !!!..
Two camps…law says have a rest after no more than 6 24 hour periods which some (me) take to mean 6 shift as was the law for years.
Other camp says 6x24 equals 144hours, you ca do what you like as long as you have a weekly rest by this 144 hour limit.
The interpretation maybe up for discussion but there has been no court case over it. Also the VOSA/DFT take on it is that the 144 hour limit is the correct one and not the six shifts. So, in the UK at least. You can do what you like as long as you don;t exceed 144 hours before your break.

I got that summary correct Tachograph ? :smiley:

bald bloke:

tachograph:

I know I know but Lee G said I didn’t know what I was saying.

I was replying to Lees post but god sidetracked for a while :wink:

Mike-C:
I might be able to save you a load of arguing here. We’ve had several multipage discussions on this very subject, which to be honest got really boring. So i’ll try give the info and outcome as we know it !!!..
Two camps…law says have a rest after no more than 6 24 hour periods which some (me) take to mean 6 shift as was the law for years.
Other camp says 6x24 equals 144hours, you ca do what you like as long as you have a weekly rest by this 144 hour limit.
The interpretation maybe up for discussion but there has been no court case over it. Also the VOSA/DFT take on it is that the 144 hour limit is the correct one and not the six shifts. So, in the UK at least. You can do what you like as long as you don;t exceed 144 hours before your break.
I got that summary correct Tachograph ? :smiley:

I’ve been looking for that thread but couldn’t find it … thank Christ :laughing:

And yes I’d say you’ve summed it up perfectly :smiley: :wink: