Driving HGV in Los Angeles

TheFlyingTanker:

Big Truck:

JIMBO47:
Hi Bigtruck if I mind right you were at the same custom cutters as my mate but different yrs . He also got a contract with Minnesota highway contractor following yr and transferred licence to Manitoba class 1 after job offer .

Altendorf Harvesting from Minto North Dakota■■?
They ran 30 new John Deere STS combines in 2002 and had 14 of us from Northern Ireland and 15 from NZ plus another 20 from South Africa.
All there illegally according to the poster above!!!

Did your mate used to be a member on here and from Skankill Rd Belfast■■?
Think he PM’d a few times when he went over there.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

How was it they were illegals if they came in on valid work visas? I’m not sure what you are on about and who you were replying too when you went on your revv’d up rant mate. :slight_smile:

I was replying to “Nearly there again” if you had bothered to read the thread!!!

Big Truck:

TheFlyingTanker:

Big Truck:

JIMBO47:
Hi Bigtruck if I mind right you were at the same custom cutters as my mate but different yrs . He also got a contract with Minnesota highway contractor following yr and transferred licence to Manitoba class 1 after job offer .

They ran 30 new John Deere STS combines in 2002 and had 14 of us from Northern Ireland and 15 from NZ plus another 20 from South Africa.

How was it they were illegals if they came in on valid work visas? I’m not sure what you are on about and who you were replying too when you went on your revv’d up rant mate. :slight_smile:

I was replying to “Nearly there again” if you had bothered to read the thread!!!

Yeah but this is an open forum and I was responding to your response if that’s ok and not ruffling your triggered feathers. :smiley:

I worked for Altendorf and didn’t see any of what your mate suggested, hence my question earlier.

TheFlyingTanker:

Big Truck:

TheFlyingTanker:

Big Truck:

JIMBO47:

Yeah but this is an open forum and I was responding to your response if that’s ok and not ruffling your triggered feathers. :smiley:

I worked for Altendorf and didn’t see any of what your mate suggested, hence my question earlier.

Not “my mate”!!!

I was the one pointing out its fairly easy to go over to USA and work legally on harvest and nowadays via H2A visa it can be done for max 3yrs straight without having to come home to UK.

I have read all the posts on this thread and I am surprised there is so much twaddle and falsehoods being stated, admittedly some of the intentions are commendable and probably taken from ancient history.
Having lived in the US for 35 years and operated a Driving School teaching theoretic and practical subjects for all classes of vehicles including CDL (HGV) and all endorsements. I would like to correct a few points and am providing some links to Government requirements for CDL and Immigration as they are at the moment. I have no knowledge of the Canadian system although I do know as with the USA it is not easy to obtain Canadian Residency / Citizenship and a Canadian HGV / CDL Driver must satisfy both US and Canadian requirements in order to enter each others country as a Professional Truck Driver…

Agricultural workers :- uscis.gov/working-in-the-un … al-workers.
Note accordingly an application for a H2A visa must be submitted from your own country, any application made as a tourist within the US will be denied.

The US adopted the CDL program/ Law in 1992 and since has steadily made amendments that affect all applicants and presently Licensed Drivers.
dol.gov/agencies/whd/agriculture/h2a
dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ … hdfs26.pdf

CDL Licensing :- truckstuffusa.com/cdl-licence-requirements.

The article DOES NOT clarify age requirements and areas of transportation allowed. An 18 year old can Drive a CDL vehicle but only within the State that issued it = INTRASTATE TRAVEL, Other restrictions also apply, however I doubt Drivers on here would be affected as I am sure your all over 21 !!’
Age 21 and over a Driver is permitted to transport goods throughout the USA providing they have the License / Endorsements to do so. = INTERSTATE TRAVEL.

Requirements to work LEGALLY in the USA :-

uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states

thebalancecareers.com/types … ts-2064322

And there is always marrying an American Citizen ! But under no circumstances should you come as a tourist and work under the table, because if you get caught you will go to jail and then be deported never to be allowed to enter the USA again.

There is however at the moment a need for approximately 80,000 CDL Drivers throughout the US, whether a UK HGV driver could obtin an EB# visa I have no knowledge of but you may want to write a Professional Resum’e (CV) to reputable companies.
For instance,
schneiderjobs.com
jbhunt.com
swifttrans.com
There are many other but these three will train you for free and also give you a job on graduation.

• It should also be noted that a lot of US truckers are away form home up to a month and even longer depending on the company and load destination.
    ** The majority of US truckers work in Teams meaning you have a co Driver !
    *** Pay is normally paid by the mile which is split between both drivers.

H2B visa may be a way to go ■■? visaplace.com/blog-immigrat … river-usa/

I wish you luck, if you attempt to relocate and work in the US trucking industry, it will not be easy.

Should you need any other info I will try and find what you require. But will not promise a satisfactory answer.

Regards
Sabretooth

HGV class 1 is the superior license we drive on roads that were made for horses

CDL I imagine you drive on a private runaway

TruckDriverBen:
HGV class 1 is the superior license we drive on roads that were made for horses

CDL I imagine you drive on a private runaway

1/10 for that poor effort

Sabretooth:
I have read all the posts on this thread and I am surprised there is so much twaddle and falsehoods being stated, admittedly some of the intentions are commendable and probably taken from ancient history.
Having lived in the US for 35 years and operated a Driving School teaching theoretic and practical subjects for all classes of vehicles including CDL (HGV) and all endorsements. I would like to correct a few points and am providing some links to Government requirements for CDL and Immigration as they are at the moment. I have no knowledge of the Canadian system although I do know as with the USA it is not easy to obtain Canadian Residency / Citizenship and a Canadian HGV / CDL Driver must satisfy both US and Canadian requirements in order to enter each others country as a Professional Truck Driver…

Agricultural workers :- uscis.gov/working-in-the-un … al-workers.
Note accordingly an application for a H2A visa must be submitted from your own country, any application made as a tourist within the US will be denied.

The US adopted the CDL program/ Law in 1992 and since has steadily made amendments that affect all applicants and presently Licensed Drivers.
dol.gov/agencies/whd/agriculture/h2a
dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ … hdfs26.pdf

CDL Licensing :- truckstuffusa.com/cdl-licence-requirements.

The article DOES NOT clarify age requirements and areas of transportation allowed. An 18 year old can Drive a CDL vehicle but only within the State that issued it = INTRASTATE TRAVEL, Other restrictions also apply, however I doubt Drivers on here would be affected as I am sure your all over 21 !!’
Age 21 and over a Driver is permitted to transport goods throughout the USA providing they have the License / Endorsements to do so. = INTERSTATE TRAVEL.

Requirements to work LEGALLY in the USA :-

uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states

thebalancecareers.com/types … ts-2064322

And there is always marrying an American Citizen ! But under no circumstances should you come as a tourist and work under the table, because if you get caught you will go to jail and then be deported never to be allowed to enter the USA again.

There is however at the moment a need for approximately 80,000 CDL Drivers throughout the US, whether a UK HGV driver could obtin an EB# visa I have no knowledge of but you may want to write a Professional Resum’e (CV) to reputable companies.
For instance,
schneiderjobs.com
jbhunt.com
swifttrans.com
There are many other but these three will train you for free and also give you a job on graduation.

• It should also be noted that a lot of US truckers are away form home up to a month and even longer depending on the company and load destination.
    ** The majority of US truckers work in Teams meaning you have a co Driver !
    *** Pay is normally paid by the mile which is split between both drivers.

H2B visa may be a way to go ■■? visaplace.com/blog-immigrat … river-usa/

I wish you luck, if you attempt to relocate and work in the US trucking industry, it will not be easy.

Should you need any other info I will try and find what you require. But will not promise a satisfactory answer.

Regards
Sabretooth

Shneider JB Hunt and Swifty Swift (best in class lol), scraping the barrel with those outfits ,jeez. Paying peanuts/monkeys is so apt for those clowns .

I said choose a Reputable Company not Best in Class !!! The three I mentioned are Reputable companies and have a long track record to prove it. If you have verifiable information to the contrary please post it.
And you will find every company has bad publicity and are tarnished with a bad publicity, Generally by those who found they had to work rather than assume they could sit back and draw a multi million Dollar pay check for doing nothing. You will also find Owner Operators don’t complain they go else where if they are not satisfied,. And the three mentioned have many Owner Operators and are recruiting both Owners and Company drivers without problems. If they were as bad as you make out, they would have no drivers resulting in no Work !!!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_Transportation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schneider_National

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._B._Hunt

Reputable = Having a good reputation and able to be trusted:

Best in Class = It is the best of its kind:

Sabretooth:
I said choose a Reputable Company not Best in Class !!! The three I mentioned are Reputable companies and have a long track record to prove it. If you have verifiable information to the contrary please post it.
And you will find every company has bad publicity and are tarnished with a bad publicity, Generally by those who found they had to work rather than assume they could sit back and draw a multi million Dollar pay check for doing nothing. You will also find Owner Operators don’t complain they go else where if they are not satisfied,. And the three mentioned have many Owner Operators and are recruiting both Owners and Company drivers without problems. If they were as bad as you make out, they would have no drivers resulting in no Work !!!

Reputable = Having a good reputation and able to be trusted:

Best in Class = It is the best of its kind:

Well I would say these three companies have a poor reputation amongst drivers, all they want is ‘meat in the seat’. Schneider National had a high driver turnover rate as did other companies. Like you said most of them pay by the mile and not much else so drivers put in quite a few unpaid hours. The drivers who do a dedicated day runs seem to make out the best. It’s not just the companies mentioned either, most big outfits will hire anybody and the standard of driving has dropped considerably.

But having said that you have to start somewhere so it’s a good way to get experience.

Sabretooth:

Have you never seen Swift drivers doing their antics , whilst having the company logo “best in class” ironically emblazoned along the trailers ? Guessing you maybe a recruiter ?

flat to the mat:

Sabretooth:

Have you never seen Swift drivers doing their antics , whilst having the company logo “best in class” ironically emblazoned along the trailers ? Guessing you maybe a recruiter ?

Ah I see the problem, your in Kooky Canuk Land !! Would you prefer me to write in Brail so you will understand English without fault finding for the sake of making a noise ■■