Driving for Morrisons

Can anyone give me an overview of what it is like working for and driving for Morrisons as I am thinking of applying for a job with them but the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence if u know what I mean…and don’t want to get stung again with false info and promises…many thanks in advance :smiley:

I spent 2 years at Gadbrook, firstly for a sub-contractor then on the books. I was on nights, the pay was 20% more than a day driver. At the time (2004-5) I was on £10.02ph. All sounds really good until I show you the 8 week rota that I was on.

These are your Nights off:-

WED THUR
WED THUR
MON TUE
MON TUE
SUNDAY
SAT SUN
FRI SAT
FRI SAT then reverting back to week one so if you fancy having your weekends taken away from you then go for it.

Non sleeper cabs :unamused:

If your thinking of applying at Gadbrook , i wouldnt bother,theres loads of us on the agency there , but Morrisons are training there own wherehouse staff as drivers and taking them on instead, they have not recruited any drivers from outside or from the agencys for over a year,
As for the job , well its the easiest and most boring driving job there is, you do no unloading at all . you give the store your notes , then go on break while they tip and reload you, your just a chauffer, you also seem to do the same stores day after day , because all the deliverys have a certain time to go out .
The money is ok , but like Paul says you can kiss goodbye to your weekends because the shift rotas are pants.
The Day cabbed fully auto Daf cf`s are woefully underpowered, and even struggle with the relativley light loads we carry.
You could also put a lot of weight on , because you can spend hours sitting in the canteen waiting for your shift to finish :laughing: :laughing:

Day cab,bring a plank of wood to sleep on,while waiting around.

Sittinbourne is the same. Work loads of weekends. I know quite a lot of people who got offered jobs and didn’t take them because of the money and shifts :wink:

Wouldn’t say it’s as good as it used to be, but then I think it used to be excellent. They’ve probably gone downhill since buying Safeway but it’s still probably a better job than most if you don’t mind the shift patterns and being bored.

paulfromwire:
These are your Nights off:-

WED THUR
WED THUR
MON TUE
MON TUE
SUNDAY
SAT SUN
FRI SAT
FRI SAT then reverting back to week one

I think you’ll find this kind of rota is the norm with the four big supermarkets.

Stan

Ours is a 12 week rota…

In a month you generally do one or two full weekends, one or two just sat or sunday, and one weekend off. this then rotates over 3 months with varying start times.

The job’s great, we have to be about the back door when tipping so can’t have rest whilst there. All new wagons coming through are still sleepers. I’ve been done for nearly 2 hours today. :sunglasses: …and the money’s good.