Driving for Gate Gourmet

Anyone got any info ? Good or bad ?

Hate seeing…

A post not replied to.

Best I can do. Happy trucking.

glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Wo … .11,23.htm

Driving for them where? Guessing you mean class 2 work.?
If so will be loading catering onto aircraft.
I work for dnata so same work.
Can’t say what gate gourmet are like but dnata do exactly same.work

So you start have collect everything for the aircraft your catering mostly catering carts on wheels .load truck drive airside offload old catering off aircraft reload new stuff.
Sometimes take 2 or 3 flights at a time

Once done them all back to unit offloaded go back out again.

Your on the go all shift but not overly hard worked more sat in a qué…or sat waiting for aircraft to come.in

I know gate gourmet do 6 to 1800 4 days 4 on 4 off or you can do 1800 to 0600 nights 4 on 4 off out of Trafford park
Pays roughly £15. 30. They do stop you 45 mins a day
Get time half for any extra hours worked double pay bank holidays.
During summer can do as many hours overtime as you like during winter time you won’t get any .
This is based working out of Manchester.
So presume be similar at other depots

Jobs easy work if you like set hours knowing what time your start and finish no traffic jams roadworks to deal with etc.

Don’t know if any of this helps you if need know more feel free to ask

Ps for the record they have recently taken the jet 2 contract from us at dnata.
I did apply but declined job offer .
Few went and obviously because they took on a huge contract it’s all going a.bit wrong while they get new staff up and running so maybe be prepared to be thrown in the deep end but once you get into it the jobs a piece of cake mot overly hard worked.
I’ve been here 2 years now can’t see me leaving
Obviously as said I work for dnata but all the same in a way

Cheers Ed , I’m currently earning far better than I’ve ever earnt as a London Bus driver . On course for hitting just over £66k . Most of the time it’s ■■■■ easy . But you have to deal with the lowest form of live all day every day . If you can stand people just walking past you saying I”m not paying and you can let it go then posy easy . Now I used to do the same 30 years ago , but without the disrespect , I’d at least try to sneak on the bus . But I can’t stand people treating me like I don’t exist .we’re extually told to just let fare evaders go .I can handle that just . But when they sa. Just drive the bus , I’m not driving the bus . Very good money on Metroline West if on lates .

Had about 4 or5 experiences of delivering to Dnata and found the staff really amongst the worst I’ve ever dealt with , I don’t get why people aren’t helpful unless treated. Badly . But Dnata at Heathrow we’re buy far the most obnoxious people I’ve ever dealt with . If I treat you badly then fair shout . But if I turn up first time I’ve been here and you treat me like an idiot because I’m not sure what to do , then don’t be surprised if I react badly

Edd is Trafford park where you start / finish the shift or at the Airport ? Also was looking at places near Trafford park , do you know what Eccles is like ?

Fulham FC:
Edd is Trafford park where you start / finish the shift or at the Airport ? Also was looking at places near Trafford park , do you know what Eccles is like ?

Yes you start and finish in Trafford park.

Eccles make nice cakes lol. Eccles is more housing area not much industry there.

Got irlam fair sized estate there for work possibly.
You said your a bus driver? Bell Vue coaches are looking for drivers based behind mcvities in Stockport.
Had an email this morning via total jobs saying there looking for drivers due to winning a new contract.
They do school buses school trips…days out for organisations to events .
Corporate kind of work.

Cheers Edd but I’m getting bored of the buses now , plus I quite often do 13 days on and one off ( a London thing ) so getting burn out . The whole thing about gate gourmet is the 4 on 4 off , it’ll be like semi retirement for me for my last 12 years . I gather Eccles is near Trafford Park ? Would you be able to do a days Uber as well as work there or would that be a no no like it is on the buses .