Driving for Amazon Freight Partner

Hi, I’m new to this. But just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of driving for an Amazon freight partner? Have been offered a job but it looks like a very new business and the owner isn’t a driver so any guidance/advice would be welcome
Thanks

Beware anyone with enough money in the bank can start a business working for the likes of Amazon. Getting an o licence and a truck or trucks is relatively easy if you have enough cash. I’d be looking into the “service partner” before going for a job. Check them up on companies house and see if they have any trading history and whether they have any other businesses as that will give you an idea of how they run their business.

My friends lad worked for an Amazon Service Partner running vans and got stitched up as a self employed and vat registered cause he didn’t know what he was getting into and ended up with a large tax bill. And he was paying a company who was supposed to do his tax and vat return but didn’t.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Pay 1 week in arrears or walk tbh. No monthly pay nonsense.
These contractors often come and go very fast. Often winding down a company to start another one when the debts get too much.

Tbh I think a lot of people who run for contractors often do not pay tax lol.

Check your contract first before you sign. My friend went to work for one of the Amazon cowboys. He was promised the earth. When he started 2 days after the job was cancelled and the guy told him no pay. He just kept quiet came in the next day for his job. Signed on then walked out. He told the guy it works both ways. His money was paid in straight away for the cancelled shift. He ended up doing his shift with his money at end of shift

Thank you all for your input. I suspected I’d get a ‘less than positive’ response.
Maybe I’ll look elsewhere for a job…any suggestions welcome

New2hgv1:
Thank you all for your input. I suspected I’d get a ‘less than positive’ response.
Maybe I’ll look elsewhere for a job…any suggestions welcome

Don’t do that.
Don’t listen to the doom mongers on here.

LOL, good luck, I spoke to one of these Amazon Freight contract partners who always wanted me to meet him in so and so café or another coffee place at a supermarkets car park, well I didn’t turn up and realise that was well dodgy from the start.

Had another interview at a guy’s house where he’d run the business from an elaborate garden shed, it’s when he started ringing expecting me to respond immediately that I thought it’s some power crazy scam.

You could always check out Amazon and ask them who they use for YOUR area that might work then just turn up at the hauliers they told you about.

New2hgv1:
Hi, I’m new to this. But just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of driving for an Amazon freight partner? Have been offered a job but it looks like a very new business and the owner isn’t a driver so any guidance/advice would be welcome
Thanks

How’s it going?
After passing my class 1 in October I’ve been offered a start with an Amazon freight forward partner, weekly pay, people seem well organised,
I’ll report back when I’ve more to tell if you’re interested?

All going really well so far

I’d work for them on a casual basis because Amazon line haul work is a total doddle if you don’t mind hanging about. It’d be like taking candy from a baby.

Would I trust any of these pop up outfits with my mortgage & family finances though? No way. They have all their eggs in one basket with Amazon, Amazon have them by the short & curly’s - hence why they have gone down this road of freight partners rather than external hauliers who can dictate the rates more.

rob22888:
I’d work for them on a casual basis because Amazon line haul work is a total doddle if you don’t mind hanging about. It’d be like taking candy from a baby.

Would I trust any of these pop up outfits with my mortgage & family finances though? No way. They have all their eggs in one basket with Amazon, Amazon have them by the short & curly’s - hence why they have gone down this road of freight partners rather than external hauliers who can dictate the rates more.

That’s a bit over dramatic. [emoji849]