Driving Footwear..?

UKtramp:

chloelovesfur:

peterm:

Juddian:
Jesus wept i’ve bloody heard it all now

Its a lorry driving job, you’re not all budding Rudolf Nureyevs or are you, taking off those rough booties and mincing along in yer ballet shoes and tights.

Oooh, no tights for me, only stockings and suspenders. :wink:

You need to look at page one if you want to see a nice driving style bud :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :blush:

Very nice driving shoes Chloe, The only problem I see is if you were driving a manual, I would imagine they would be absolutely fine in an auto, its the heels that would give me difficulty with a manual and switching between pedals with my right foot. That minor detail apart, would fully recommend every trucker should have a pair of these fine cab shoes.

Can I be honest ? … I can hardly walk in them. I mince around in them like an expensive ■■■■■ on drugs. Hard enough walking around Tibshelf HGV services park a few nights ago in them. Nice pic of my mink coat underneath though !

walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-ne … 484055.amp

Decided to get a x2 size larger than normal pair of trainers to drive in, this is so I can still wear the thick work socks, and I removed then laces so they’re easier to slip on and off…

Most of my loading/tipping is on farms or in quarries,so got a pair of boots that live on the steps and will never see the inside of my cab,and a pair of DC trainers for driving in.Trainers have never been worn outside,which makes it a lot easier to keep the cab interior clean.Tried slippers for driving and didn’t like them,just didn’t feel right,same with socks or bare feet :confused:

I used to wear DM’s all the time but since it is increasingly hard to get DM’s over here I bought a pair of steel toed Walmart specials, I bought them because they were light yet high length and water proof but I have found I hate driving in them so have taken to wearing a pair of Reeboks, I also try to keep the interior of the truck spotless after all it is my home most of the working week and Domino sugar in Yonkers is a dirty, muddy cesspit, when I go in there to hook up I can be sure whoever loaded it will drop it in the biggest mud puddle he could find, I sit in the cab and change the trainers for the boots but they of course get caked in mud, trying to get back in the cab without getting mud on the floor involves me being a contortionist of sorts to not get the floors dirty but I do manage it, I keep the boots in a box behind the driving seat.

Buy a hoover and some pledge ffs, far more crap dragged in on ur clothes, by opening the door, and shedded skin.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bubsy06:
Buy a hoover and some pledge ffs, far more crap dragged in on ur clothes, by opening the door, and shedded skin.

I was suprised how much of a difference not having outdoor footwear in the cab made with regards to keeping the cab clean,especially on tipper work.Don’t see the need for a hoover when an airline along with a rag and some mega-clean takes up less space and does the floor and mats just as quick with better results.Oh and Pledge is ok,but I prefer Chrome NorthWest stuff.Got one of the cleanest tipper cabs you’ll ever see :sunglasses:

TezzDemon:

bubsy06:

I was suprised how much of a difference not having outdoor footwear in the cab made with regards to keeping the cab clean,especially on tipper work.Don’t see the need for a hoover when an airline along with a rag and some mega-clean takes up less space and does the floor and mats just as quick with better results.Oh and Pledge is ok,but I prefer Chrome NorthWest stuff.Got one of the cleanest tipper cabs you’ll ever see :sunglasses:

Airline as in air duster as in dust blower? Sir Dyson missed a trick there.
So i should buy a leaf blower to clean my house not a vacuum■■?

bubsy06:

TezzDemon:

bubsy06:

For what a Dyson costs,and considering the space it would take up,I think it’s an unrealistic option for cleaning the floorspace in a Volvo FH.If you think it’s the best option then great,crack on.Same as if you want to use a leaf blower to clean your house,crack on chap,whatever floats your boat.Personally I think a Dyson for cleaning a cab floor would be a waste of money for the amount of use it would get.And the airline isn’t for blowing dust round the cab you halfwit,it’s for blasting dust out of my clothes and floor mats which I do OUTSIDE the cab :unamused:

TezzDemon:

bubsy06:

TezzDemon:

bubsy06:

For what a Dyson costs,and considering the space it would take up,I think it’s an unrealistic option for cleaning the floorspace in a Volvo FH.If you think it’s the best option then great,crack on.Same as if you want to use a leaf blower to clean your house,crack on chap,whatever floats your boat.Personally I think a Dyson for cleaning a cab floor would be a waste of money for the amount of use it would get.And the airline isn’t for blowing dust round the cab you halfwit,it’s for blasting dust out of my clothes and floor mats which I do OUTSIDE the cab :unamused:

When you arrive in 2017, have a look at an Argos catalogue. You wont find any bull fighting spears or michelin men tho…

bubsy06:
When you arrive in 2017, have a look at an Argos catalogue. You wont find any bull fighting spears or michelin men tho…

You’re quite an angry little chap really aren’t you?Why would I take the time and effort to obtain then look through an Argos catalogue when I can just browse Amazon?Quicker,easier,normally cheaper and pretty much whatever I want delivered free within 24hrs.Are you sure you’re in 2017 yourself chap?Not a bullfighting spear or Michelin man in sight on my motor either,but congratulations on the attempt at a put-down,a valiant effort it has to be said,but I’m afraid it only scores a 2/10 due to a distinct lack of originality or imagination.Must try harder old chap

I lost my big toe in a freak accident and now can only wear a flip , I’m hopping mad the toe rags won’t even let me back on site. Health and safety gone mad

Santa:
Surely - doesn’t everyone wear flip flops?

only the flipflops wear them… :slight_smile:

Wheelsonfire:
I lost my big toe in a freak accident and now can only wear a flip , I’m hopping mad the toe rags won’t even let me back on site. Health and safety gone mad

you need a pair of these mate…

saw_999-safety-footwear-steel-capped-flip-flop.jpg

WP_20170716_12_11_45_Pro.jpg.

For either Mrs tang or Mr tang, the must have safety shoe.

biggriffin:

For either Mrs tang or Mr tang, the must have safety shoe.

Not sure if they would help me pull

chloelovesfur:
Not sure if they would help me pull

Me neither

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

rigger boots in the side locker with all my wet gear etc…and shoes for driving…have also got trainers with steelies too…but laces are a pain so just bought some elastic stretchy things that replace laces, so now they have become slip ons.

rigger boots in the side locker with all my wet gear etc…and shoes for driving…have also got trainers with steelies too…but laces are a pain so just bought some elastic stretchy things that replace laces, so now they have become slip ons.