Driving Etiquett - HGV Drivers

Having been in the industry for over 20 years, every now and then, etiquette rears it’s ugly head as it did the other day. The courtesy we “Professional” drivers show to other road users and this includes our foreign professional colleagues is sometimes quite appalling and as such serves only to damage/tarnish our professional image. (The attitude do unto them as they do unto us is not the answer)

This link proves the point bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A139501

Is anyone aware of a website that gives a UK etiquette guide that perhaps we should all read in a valiant effort to improve our image.

If there is not, should we create one with input from all the members of “TruckNet UK” ■■

Or shall I just keep quiet on this issue !

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s just common sense really, there shouldn’t have to be a guide, same rules apply to car driving and wagon driving.

Silver have you actually read the guide :question:

SimonRS2K:
Silver have you actually read the guide :question:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …i have…na na na na na its called the geordie dictionary…

That site has it pretty well covered, as far as I can see :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

They only missed one small point.
Which is :-
You may think that HGV/LGV drivers think they own the road, you are wrong. :open_mouth:

HGV/LGV drivers dont think they own the road, they know they do. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

10:1 says he hasn’t :slight_smile: Very good though.

Not sure how I managed to miss the h2g2 site at the beeb either.

Ah sorry, tongue in cheek I see, I thought it was a serious thread. I storm read the posts when I get in as if I’m still fighting up and down the M6.

These guides are class :laughing:

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Qhunter:
Not sure how I managed to miss the h2g2 site at the beeb either.

you’ve obviously forgotten where your towel is :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: