Driving ban

Hi everyone.
I am looking for a career change and this is something I have wanted to do for a long time, but never had the circumstances to change.
I got a drink driving ban and got my licence back 4 years ago. It was a 12 month ban, and I did the Alcohol Awareness course and had it reduced to 9 months. It was a very harsh lesson, but one that was well learned!

My question is: “Are there haulage firms in the Leeds/Bradford area, that are prepared to take a driver on, with that conviction in my history?”
Needless to say, I drive like a saint these days as losing my licence was horrendous, and not something I ever want to experience again.
I dont want to pay for the course, only to find I cant get a job.
Many thanks for your comments.

There might be a few companies that may consider giving you a chance but due to the amount of drivers seeking work with clean licences i don’t fancy your chances. I know it’s not what you wanna hear but its the truth

I’m in a similar situation as yourself. I completed a 3 year driving ban in Jan this year,following a Dangerous driving offence. (DD40), I got my licence back with just a warning letter from the Traffic Commissionaire.

I live in the Oldham area, and have rang several agencies to get back working. All but three have said no straight away,the others are looking into wether their clients will use me. The agencies have said that once my DD40 comes of in Jan 2014, they will be able to take me on.
There does seem to be a lack of jobs advertised with companies direct, it seems the agencies have got the job market stitched up.

tyler4164:
There might be a few companies that may consider giving you a chance but due to the amount of drivers seeking work with clean licences i don’t fancy your chances. I know it’s not what you wanna hear but its the truth

This

You might be better off going round the yards and speaking to the man in charge, if you make a good impression he might consider you.

My place don’t take any DD codes or people with points for using a phone while driving.

NewLad:

tyler4164:
people with points for using a phone while driving.

your’re planners not ring you then? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Joel1971:
Hi everyone.
I am looking for a career change and this is something I have wanted to do for a long time, but never had the circumstances to change.
I got a drink driving ban and got my licence back 4 years ago. It was a 12 month ban, and I did the Alcohol Awareness course and had it reduced to 9 months. It was a very harsh lesson, but one that was well learned!

My question is: “Are there haulage firms in the Leeds/Bradford area, that are prepared to take a driver on, with that conviction in my history?”
Needless to say, I drive like a saint these days as losing my licence was horrendous, and not something I ever want to experience again.
I dont want to pay for the course, only to find I cant get a job.
Many thanks for your comments.

Ask yourself the question - would you put an ex drunk driver in your vehicle if you owned a haulage company !!.. Keep your money & think of another way to spend it.

Fatboy slimslow:

NewLad:

tyler4164:
people with points for using a phone while driving.

your’re planners not ring you then? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Yes they do, on a hands free built in system, if the system is not working you are issued with a mobile, which your not supposed to answer while driving, pull over and ring them back on it.

All of those options are legal. All I’m saying is what I was told by the gaffer when I started. He said that using a mobile while driving is dangerous and the company treat it as dangerous driving, they don’t take people on with DD codes.