Driving assessments and using a tacho card

hi guys, how does this work.

with me been a coach driver currently, i sue my tacho card when on p/h work, sometimes on domestic so not required.

now when it comes to my days off this is obv my rest period from driving.

now this is the only times i can do my interviews/assessments, so when they want me to use my card for the driving, how does this effect my actual job. if i was to get pulled by vosa would they dismiss it as its non paid work and an interview?

how does this work? could someone clear this up for me.

thanks,H

HGV:
hi guys, how does this work.

with me been a coach driver currently, i sue my tacho card when on p/h work, sometimes on domestic so not required.

now when it comes to my days off this is obv my rest period from driving.

now this is the only times i can do my interviews/assessments, so when they want me to use my card for the driving, how does this effect my actual job. if i was to get pulled by vosa would they dismiss it as its non paid work and an interview?

how does this work? could someone clear this up for me.

thanks,H

From what I remember - apologies if I remember incorrectly … Using tacho counts as driving time and cannot be used as rest in that scenario as it is for a commercial enterprise - being paid or not has no bearing on the issue

My personal thought is that if the vehicle used is empty then it is not being used at that time as a one moving goods so the driver should be able to select - out of scope - so it can count as rest - but that is just my view

Of course there is always the - I have temporarily mislaid my card so need to do a manual entry - excuse :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122920&hilit=tacho+card+assessment