driving assessment

Done to death I know, but can’t find an accurate answer. I have been given a driving assessment on Monday which is my day off. Problem is, that will be my reduced weekly rest day as I work 5 and then 6 (tues to sun). I’m aware of having to use the tacho for the drive but where does it leave me in terms of interrupting my rest? and any infringements?

regards
nick

briscoe05:
Done to death I know, but can’t find an accurate answer. I have been given a driving assessment for a job on Monday which is my day off. Problem is, that will be my reduced weekly rest day as I work 5 and then 6 (tues to sun). I’m aware of having to use the tacho for the drive but where does it leave me in terms of interrupting my rest? and any infringements?

regards
nick

The drive cannot count as rest so what time do you have off before or after the assessment ? - one of those periods needs to be at least 24 hours

Also - watch out for the 144 hour rule between weekly rests

If you cannot comply with the above then you cannot go on the assessment unless you find a non-legal way around it

Bearing in mind that assessments involve driving, and they’ll look dimly on drivers running bent upon it, you’ve been a bit of an idiot not arranging a day off extra that would be required to have this all sorted beforehand.

Of course, if they phoned you up suddenly, and said “You’ve got an assessment in an hour”, then it’s upto you to explain that “Sorry bud, I’m bent if I drive today” and refuse it.
If they are a fair and honest firm, which most are, they’ll give you another date. If it’s an agency assessement and they insist on you “taking up the opportunity that won’t last beyond today” like a pushy salesman with the attitude of “Run bent as a favour for me today, cos it’s only a day” then just boycott that agency. There’s too many bent ones around as it is. :wink:

ROG:

briscoe05:
Done to death I know, but can’t find an accurate answer. I have been given a driving assessment for a job on Monday which is my day off. Problem is, that will be my reduced weekly rest day as I work 5 and then 6 (tues to sun). I’m aware of having to use the tacho for the drive but where does it leave me in terms of interrupting my rest? and any infringements?

regards
nick

The drive cannot count as rest so what time do you have off before or after the assessment ? - one of those periods needs to be at least 24 hours

Also - watch out for the 144 hour rule between weekly rests

If you cannot comply with the above then you cannot go on the assessment unless you find a non-legal way around it

will have Tuesday off

It’s a ■■■■■■■ ridiculous situation.

DrivingMissDaisy:
It’s a [zb] ridiculous situation.

I know but how else can you go from job to anothere :frowning:

Was much ‘easier’ (ahem) with analogue cards :wink:

briscoe05:

DrivingMissDaisy:
It’s a [zb] ridiculous situation.

I know but how else can you go from job to anothere :frowning:

Maybe it’s time we took it up with Parliament via the Transport minister/trade unions? Whaddya fink?

ROG:
Was much ‘easier’ (ahem) with analogue cards :wink:

FRISBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS! :sunglasses:

Rog, I just love your turn of phrase, “non legal” is a marvellous expression, very apt.
Now ,the last module I did on dcpc was tachos and I can’t remember any 144 hour rule, refresh this ageing memory please Rog.
By the way best of luck Briscoe on your assessment
Jim

JFC999:
Rog, I just love your turn of phrase, “non legal” is a marvellous expression, very apt.
Now ,the last module I did on dcpc was tachos and I can’t remember any 144 hour rule, refresh this ageing memory please Rog.
By the way best of luck Briscoe on your assessment
Jim

It does not say 144 hours but says 6 x 24 hour periods max between weekly rest periods
6x24=144

Thanks for getting back Rog, so without getting too complex , work 6 days, work 5 and so on full weekly rest after the 5 week .

JFC999:
Thanks for getting back Rog, so without getting too complex , work 6 days, work 5 and so on full weekly rest after the 5 week .

Usually ok to do that on a regular basis

Example
Reduced weekend 33 hours off = 12 to payback
Regular weekend 57 hours off = 45+12 paid back

briscoe05:
Done to death I know, but can’t find an accurate answer. I have been given a driving assessment on Monday which is my day off. Problem is, that will be my reduced weekly rest day as I work 5 and then 6 (tues to sun). I’m aware of having to use the tacho for the drive but where does it leave me in terms of interrupting my rest? and any infringements?

regards
nick

What i done once was ask the assessor very nicely if i could pretend i’ve forgotten my card and do a print out and to my surprise he said yeah no probs i know the score so fair play to him he was a top bloke.

bald bloke:
What i done once was ask the assessor very nicely if i could pretend i’ve forgotten my card and do a print out and to my surprise he said yeah no probs i know the score so fair play to him he was a top bloke.

Thats what I meant by …

ROG:
unless you find a non-legal way around it

Thanks Rog, I got it,Briscoe, I think you have as well.
Best of luck with the assessment hope all goes well let us know the outcome won’t you
Jim

so where’s the issue? it’s not hire or reward nor is it work as its unpaid. It ■■■■■, people would never change jobs lol
:confused:

JFC999:
Thanks Rog, I got it,Briscoe, I think you have as well.
Best of luck with the assessment hope all goes well let us know the outcome won’t you
Jim

Will do Jim and thanks. :slight_smile:

Ask if you can use the trainers card, im sure he’ll be ok with, we’ve all done it.

briscoe05:
so where’s the issue? it’s not hire or reward nor is it work as its unpaid. It ■■■■■, people would never change jobs lol
:confused:

90 hour fortnight on the card doesn’t differentiate between what hours you did for what. Only which vehicle it was inserted into for how long at a time.

I wouldn’t consider doing an assessment in a daily rest period either, especially a reduced one.

"Hey Training guy - Can I use your card, I seem to have forgotten mine. <YAWN!>"