Driving assessment

Just come of a driving assessment put tacho card in but when I asked him if need to put on rest from when I last inserted my card to when I just put it in he said no I don’t need to, what would it show as for rest from when I last had my card in to when I inserted it today ? Is this normal surely not :s

Horley:
Just come of a driving assessment put tacho card in but when I asked him if need to put on rest from when I last inserted my card to when I just put it in he said no I don’t need to, what would it show as for rest from when I last had my card in to when I inserted it today ? Is this normal surely not :s

I’m not an expert but if you didn’t work from when you last inserted the card then yea, it should be on rest. I’d imagine if you didn’t put it on rest it would of recorded the time between your two card inserts as other work.

Hopefully someone more experienced can give a more definitive answer.

Pull card after doing shift then insert it next time will leave a gap in the records with a ? which is deemed as rest so no need to do anything

Fairly certain that is what I have read on here

Ok so it won’t say I’ve been doing other work , prior to putting in my card today the last time I put my card in was two months ago , I did say to bloke do I need to do a manual entry and he was like know you don’t , just pray it goes down as ?

Horley:

It depends on the age of the tachograph, if it was a type 1 tachograph (early versions 2006-2012) you don’t have to manually record anything for the time the card is out of the tachograph, it will automatically record the time with the ? symbol (unaccounted for time).

However if it was a type 2 tachograph (late 2012 onwards) you should have recorded rest or ? for the time since the card was ejected.
If it was a type 2 tachograph, all you can do now is hope that the tachograph recorded rest or ? and not other work for the time since the card was ejected, until you do a printout or download the card data you won’t know.

Horley:
I did say to bloke do I need to do a manual entry and he was like know you don’t , just pray it goes down as ?

To be honest that should have set alarm bells ringing in your head, I know it’s easy to say when I’m not the one doing an assessment but you should have ignored him and done a manual entry anyway.

What’s the difference between the two tachos and I’ll be able to tell you witch one I used

How old was the vehicle ?

I’m not 100 percent sure all I know it was a m reg , but if I get my card downloaded tomoz that should tell I believe?

Mx13 bvk

2013/14 so that will be a type 2 tachograph.

There’s every likelihood that it will have recorded rest but a few people have been caught out and had there rest periods recorded as other work, it’s not a big issue anyway, when you download the data tomorrow if it hasn’t recorded rest just do a printout when you can and write an explanation on it.
It’s not like anyone’s going to think you’ve been working none stop for several months :slight_smile: :wink: