Driving assessment

Just got a phone call from scania regarding training for c+e and they want to charge me £73 for an assessment , is it me or does that sound just wrong

Wrong

Plenty of other providers offering better

yeah I thought it was a bit strong , thanks but no thanks

I’m in hampshire, training schools here, at least the ones I’m looking in to do an assessment drive for free, I thought that was the norm!

Nope !

We don’t charge for assessments.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I thought they were free too

There are a lot that are free but some do charge 1 in my area charges £30 for 30 min but if you book with them they will take that money off the training

I paid £20 for my assessment yesterday but I think it was well worth it, I actually got a full hour of driving

£20 good but free better look at Peter smythe post [THUMBS UP SIGN]

£20 or £30 isn’t to bad especially if they take it off the course price but £78 , no way

Just had a company quote me £100 for an hour assessment drive!! 2 start training, recommended on here!! Bit steep, even if they do knock it off if you book!

What are they offering for £73?
Maybe the assessment lasts more than an hour?
Bit tricky to give a decent answer without knowing what they are offering.

I charge £30 but it’s deducted from the final price if a course is booked. So effectively free.

Paul :smiley:

I spoke to a nice lady at Rsm training in Basildon they charge £58 for an assessment and then knock it off a course , seems reasonable to me I think I might go for that

jeffeddie:
I spoke to a nice lady at Rsm training in Basildon they charge £58 for an assessment and then knock it off a course , seems reasonable to me I think I might go for that

Lets say you do a few assessments, which is recommended, then if they all have the same offer you will still be paying for all but one of them

I have also phoned one recommended school on here and quoted me £50 as far as I remember and it was extremely difficult to get a date. So I gave it a miss . I went up to check Peter’s facility and was given an assessment for free with a really nice guy showing me round. I did really enjoy it in the end. Never done it before and I was in an unfamiliar area. Anyway it is all booked now. Personally I wouldn’t pay more than £20-30 for assessment drive unless it was specified what you get for the money.