Driving assessment and interview at stobart?

Hi, i got an email from stobart and i got accepted for assessment and interview, cand somebody tell what they will put me to do and what they will ask me?
I have 0 experience driving class 1 and i am afraid that i will fail. Another thing, in that email they told me that i need come with my own PPE, they don’t provide anything?

MihaiCsl:
Hi, i got an email from stobart and i got accepted for assessment and interview, cand somebody tell what they will put me to do and what they will ask me?
I have 0 experience driving class 1 and i am afraid that i will fail. Another thing, in that email they told me that i need come with my own PPE, they don’t provide anything?

They want you to come with your own hi viz gloves and dress for a days driving not suited and booted.When you go out with the trainer make him aware you are just passed and have no experience.If you make him aware they will give you some guidence.
You will do a daily walk round check and will defo be asked basic qustions on saftey and maybe asked trailer heights but it should be on the front of the trailer if not point it out.Once out on the road its not a test he is just seeing how you act on the public road.Just give a safe drive and remember what you were taught.
When you pass the driving assesment part thats when you get an interview if you dont pass it its a case of thank you and explane were you went wrong.Dont let it put you off keep trying to get a job with someone you will get a chance everyone finds it hard to start out.

Colin_scottish:

MihaiCsl:

They want you to come with your own hi viz gloves and dress for a days driving not suited and booted.When you go out with the trainer make him aware you are just passed and have no experience.If you make him aware they will give you some guidence.
You will do a daily walk round check and will defo be asked basic qustions on saftey and maybe asked trailer heights but it should be on the front of the trailer if not point it out.Once out on the road its not a test he is just seeing how you act on the public road.Just give a safe drive and remember what you were taught.
When you pass the driving assesment part thats when you get an interview if you dont pass it its a case of thank you and explane were you went wrong.Dont let it put you off keep trying to get a job with someone you will get a chance everyone finds it hard to start out.

Tnx a lot, it’s my first time when i have an assessment, i took my license in my country with a truck older then me with the steering weel on the left side and that’s why i am afraid.It’s hard but i think for me it’s harder, well hope for the best and i will try to do my best.When i took my class 1 i did just 2 mistakes, stop to early at a traffic light and when he put me to back up the truck and trailer, the trailer wasn’t straight, i took my test on a rigid +trailer. I will try untill i will get a job, becouse this is my dream, to drive trucks.

Without trying sound to negative, don’t take it too seriously i.e don’t get stressed over it. This is your first of no doubt many interviews/assessments. Just chill out and enjoy yourself.

adam277:
Without trying sound to negative, don’t take it too seriously i.e don’t get stressed over it. This is your first of no doubt many interviews/assessments. Just chill out and enjoy yourself.

For me it is a big deal, i really want this job, not becouse it’s stobart, becouse it’s a job and a more important, it’s truck driving job. I know the ods are not on my side, but i well have some luck, maybe :smiley: