Driving Assesment Fri 21st June

Hi All

So after applying for provisional, passing medical, and then passing theory & hazard perception last week i have a driving assesment @Bassetts in staffs tomorrow, looking forward to it, hoping to book training for end of July :smiley:

If I remember correctly, they have their own testing centre on site. I found this really useful with another school when taking my test as everything was familiar for reversing.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

I think the op means the short driving lesson were the instructor tells you need so many X Amount of hours before your test. Its usually free. Mine was anyway.

Yes the one to assess how many hrs training, its £60 but refunded off total cost if booked with them so fair enough.

HeavyOwl:
I think the op means the short driving lesson were the instructor tells you need so many X Amount of hours before your test. Its usually free. Mine was anyway.

I Know

Brilliant place. Let us know how you get on.

Did my Class 2 with Pete, and Class 1 with Brian in June and October last year.

Passed both first time.

And if there’s anything you need to know, or are unsure of, pick up the phone and ring Kath, what she doesn’t know isn’t worth bothering with.

dar1976:
If I remember correctly, they have their own testing centre on site. I found this really useful with another school when taking my test as everything was familiar for reversing.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

As if you’d know to wang it onto full opposite lock as soon as your ear is level with the grid? :wink:

Went well, was a bit ropey on the gearbox (4/4) recommended 24 hrs training extra 4 to get the gearbox sorted. Enjoyed it though and really top people.

Who did you go with Clint (as in instructor?)

PaulNowak:
Who did you go with Clint (as in instructor?)

Went with Pete

Good bloke. Makes a cracking brew, if it hasn’t been for him, I’d have probably stopped after he got me through my class 2. (Apparently my smoking levels that week are still legendary)

Was a complete bag of nerves, despite knowing that I could do everything they asked of me.

If I hadn’t passed with him first time, I’d have probably thrown in the towel completely and stayed on 7.5s.

But after passing, he kept in touch by email, not because he was hankering for extra business, I was helping him out with some car stuff he wanted to find out.

And even though I was put with Brian for my class 1, without Pete I’d never have put in with it, and he was really supportive all week, even though he had 2 trainees of his own.

By the way, all four of us passed that week. Three class ones and a class 2.

I’d recommend them to anyone.

Yeah seemed a nice enough chap, will have to check out his brew making skills when i start proper provisionally booked for july 26, did you do 1 after the other then ?

Deposit paid all booked up for July 26th Start…Excited!

Did class 2 in June, then class 1 in October.

Keep us posted with your progress

Hi all

Had to delay training until October 13 in the end and failed 1st time. But had retest last fri and passed so thanks to all @ bassetts and for all advice here too, hoping to do artic soon!

clint1974:
Hi all

Had to delay training until October 13 in the end and failed 1st time. But had retest last fri and passed so thanks to all @ bassetts and for all advice here too, hoping to do artic soon!

Who were you with?

Pete, top man!