Driving assesment at longs of leeds tommro

with it been quite after xmas on agency i sent loads of cv`s of and today i got a call from longs in leeds,going for a interview and driving assesment tommro,now agency picking up i might be shooting myself in the foot am i mad think that? what are they like to work for?i know is general haulage i dont like loads of nights out thats one of the reasons i stayed on agency really but latley agency work has been getting me down, never knowing when ur working mostley been booked 5 days then by the 3rd day told your cancelled at 1630 inj the afternoon when ive turned work down cos im loyal ,i know its not the agencys its the cliants mybe its time to get a job im lucky getting a chance i :slight_smile: know

I’ve done agency work for the Hull depot in the past. Decent motors, steady work. I was doing 2-3 nights out as I was doing paper a lot to the newspapers in London and usually backloading out of Dagenham, running up to Lutterworth and then going over to Ellesmere Port to reload.

Had to tip/reload at Leeds a few times and the guys there seemed to be friendly enough both in the warehouse and the office.

Conor:
I’ve done agency work for the Hull depot in the past. Decent motors, steady work. I was doing 2-3 nights out as I was doing paper a lot to the newspapers in London and usually backloading out of Dagenham, running up to Lutterworth and then going over to Ellesmere Port to reload.

Had to tip/reload at Leeds a few times and the guys there seemed to be friendly enough both in the warehouse and the office.

Me too, I was out all week but that’s what I wanted. I thought they were spot on to work for.

Stevie

As “Long” as you don’t mind the money.

44 Tonne Ton:
As “Long” as you don’t mind the money.

Sadly with most firms where the actual work itself is quite nice, this appears to be the case.

Never went done my gen haulage max hrs away l week for 500 a week askef if its nights out before i set off this mornin yer your away all week i never got chance to ask when they called so i told him i dont like nights out ive got by doibg night and day shifts same money i bloody hate them told not to come im not bothred first job i had was general haulge :imp: nights out i left im no money chaser rather be happy and agency picking up now thats 3rd job ive walked away from not counting stobart that wanted go tramping after leeds closed there must be jobs days or nights

Fair enough. No point going then spending the first week being as miserable as hell.

Well done,Son :exclamation: Well done

youtube.com/watch?v=otaIZoW0 … re=related

slackeye:
Never went done my gen haulage max hrs away l week for 500 a week askef if its nights out before i set off this mornin yer your away all week i never got chance to ask when they called so i told him i dont like nights out ive got by doibg night and day shifts same money i bloody hate them told not to come im not bothred first job i had was general haulge :imp: nights out i left im no money chaser rather be happy and agency picking up now thats 3rd job ive walked away from not counting stobart that wanted go tramping after leeds closed there must be jobs days or nights

What

nearly there:

slackeye:

Sorry can i just add, why do drivers not research these things!

What

Exactly what I thought, could not make sense of it?

Sorry, but your going to go do general haulage then the “I dont like nights” its a job, now you will ■■■■■ the agency do nto give enough work. some of you drivers need to get out of the game your an embarrassment to the trade!

slackeye:
Never went, done gen haulage, max hrs, away all week for 500 a week. asked if its nights out before i set off this mornin," yer your away all week" i never got chance to ask when they called so i told him i dont like nights out, ive got by doing night and day shifts same money, i bloody hate them told not to come. im not bothred, first job i had was general haulge :imp: nights out i left im no money chaser, rather be happy and agency picking up now. thats 3rd job ive walked away from not counting stobart that wanted go tramping after leeds closed, there must be jobs days or nights

is this what you were trying to say? :laughing:

chaversdad:

slackeye:
Never went, done gen haulage, max hrs, away all week for 500 a week. asked if its nights out before i set off this mornin," yer your away all week" i never got chance to ask when they called so i told him i dont like nights out, ive got by doing night and day shifts same money, i bloody hate them told not to come. im not bothred, first job i had was general haulge :imp: nights out i left im no money chaser, rather be happy and agency picking up now. thats 3rd job ive walked away from not counting stobart that wanted go tramping after leeds closed, there must be jobs days or nights

is this what you were trying to say? :laughing:

well done,10 out of 10 :laughing:

dont think so! discoboy :smiling_imp: i never had chance to ask i was driving on friday when they called i was going to ask at the time but it was a private call and i was driving i agree i should have done a bit of home work ,they just caught me of gaurd i couldnt even remember rattling my cv of in january,he was fine about it i said sorry but i dont do nights out dont mind silly 3 am starts or nights ,
you dont have to be a tramper to be a good trucker :laughing:

slackeye:
dont think so! discoboy :smiling_imp: i never had chance to ask i was driving on friday when they called i was going to ask at the time but it was a private call and i was driving i agree i should have done a bit of home work ,they just caught me of gaurd i couldnt even remember rattling my cv of in january,he was fine about it i said sorry but i dont do nights out dont mind silly 3 am starts or nights ,

Slackkid, so they call on Friday, you answered but didnt have time to ask, dont remember giving a CV, I think ole billy is starting to talk, or is there a funny smell coming from your mouth■■? … if your desperate for work you work simple turn away jobs obviously not hard up or are you sitting in your bedroom with your matchbox scania!

discoman:

slackeye:

With is grammar I’d say he is probably 12 years old

Slackkid, so they call on Friday, you answered but didnt have time to ask, dont remember giving a CV, I think ole billy is starting to talk, or is there a funny smell coming from your mouth■■? … if your desperate for work you work simple turn away jobs obviously not hard up or are you sitting in your bedroom with your matchbox scania!