Driving and the bed question

So I was just wandering if I have a passenger while I’m driving, are they aloud to be in the bed while I’m driving ?
I did it alot at my old place but now I’m the one driving I just want to know if it’s legal or not :slight_smile:

Ryan090:
So I was just wandering if I have a passenger while I’m driving, are they aloud to be in the bed while I’m driving ?
I did it alot at my old place but now I’m the one driving I just want to know if it’s legal or not :slight_smile:

The Law, if stopped, will depend on whether the authorities deem it SAFE AT THE TIME or not

Just stick the net up and you’ll be fine. Chances are you’re not gonna be stopped and even if you are as long as he’s an adult even if it did end up in a fine it would be his problem.

To be honest, if I was the sleeper, I wouldn’t opt for the top bunk, could be pretty scary in an emergency brake

Should be fine on the bunk with the safety net up or the bars in MAN trucks

Probably safer than what I saw today. Overtook a caravan on the m3 one kid sat on the front sofa one walking around in it. They must have been about 12. Now if I had kids and a caravan I’d be ■■■■■■ if I’d let that happen.

Karl86:
Probably safer than what I saw today. Overtook a caravan on the m3 one kid sat on the front sofa one walking around in it. They must have been about 12.

999 call deffo

ROG:

Karl86:
Probably safer than what I saw today. Overtook a caravan on the m3 one kid sat on the front sofa one walking around in it. They must have been about 12.

999 call deffo

+1.

I did, gave the reg too I was half tempted to do a rolling road block on the bloody thing. They said someone would ring me back but never did so wether they got stopped or not who knows. The mentality off it tho would you seriously let your kids on a caravan at 50/60mph or even 20 mpg for that matter. Them things disintegrate on impact I gave a little toot on my way past with a shake off the head and got a shrug back as If what’s the problem. Well if they couldn’t work it out there’s no hope in educating some folk.

switchlogic:
Just stick the net up and you’ll be fine. Chances are you’re not gonna be stopped and even if you are as long as he’s an adult even if it did end up in a fine it would be his problem.

Lol “as long as he’s an adult” it could be a girl you know! :smiley:

Lol “as long as he’s an adult” it could be a girl you know!

^ haha dam right it’s gonna be a girl, I may be a driver but I don’t swing that way lmao.
My first long distance trip I went to a little cafe service near Lyme Regis and in the toilets there was a big hole with insert here, it was one of those run and hold your ■■■
Moments lol

Ryan090:

^ haha dam right it’s gonna be a girl, I may be a driver but I don’t swing that way lmao.
My first long distance trip I went to a little cafe service near Lyme Regis and in the toilets there was a big hole with insert here, it was one of those run and hold your ■■■
Moments lol

Blimey, sorry but I didn’t automatically assume you were having ■■■ with your passenger. It wasn’t overly obvious in your original post…

Karl86:
I did, gave the reg too I was half tempted to do a rolling road block on the bloody thing. They said someone would ring me back but never did so wether they got stopped or not who knows. The mentality off it tho would you seriously let your kids on a caravan at 50/60mph or even 20 mpg for that matter. Them things disintegrate on impact I gave a little toot on my way past with a shake off the head and got a shrug back as If what’s the problem. Well if they couldn’t work it out there’s no hope in educating some folk.

Was the tow vehicle a battered Ford Transit? :laughing:

Ryan090:

Moments lol

You could be double manning!

switchlogic:

Ryan090:

Moments lol

Blimey, sorry but I didn’t automatically assume you were having ■■■ with your passenger. It wasn’t overly obvious in your original post…

He’s certainly got it all wrong if she’s in the bed and he’s behind the steering wheel driving, unless he could reach from there but if that’s the case then he should be in movies :laughing:

No Bazza lol I wouldn’t off phoned the old bill otherwise. As soon as I mentioned caravan and transit the control room would off slammed the phone down and hid under the desk :slight_smile:.

Karl86:
Probably safer than what I saw today. Overtook a caravan on the m3 one kid sat on the front sofa one walking around in it. They must have been about 12. Now if I had kids and a caravan I’d be [zb] if I’d let that happen.

I may be wrong, but it is my understanding that except for bendi-buses, it’s against the law to carry passengers in a trailer, which a caravan is classed as!

I’ve been asked by vosa if they can get in and check the tacho, I’ve refused when the wifes in bed.
They didn’t make an issue of it.

FarnboroughBoy11:

switchlogic:

Ryan090:

Moments lol

He’s certainly got it all wrong if she’s in the bed and he’s behind the steering wheel driving, unless he could reach from there but if that’s the case then he should be in movies :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bazza123:

Ryan090:

Moments lol

You could be double manning!

My first thought was male passenger double manning the truck, I never found it easy to sleep in the bunk while the truck was moving, although next time I’ll try it when I’m actually double manning the truck. :smiley:

I did double man with a bloke who could sleep on the bunk for the whole of my driving stint, which was great for me as he used to do my head in when he was awake. :laughing:

Karl86:
Probably safer than what I saw today. Overtook a caravan on the m3 one kid sat on the front sofa one walking around in it. They must have been about 12. Now if I had kids and a caravan I’d be [zb] if I’d let that happen.

Saw it once on the M6 about 15 years ago. Absolute madness. Parents want flogging :open_mouth: