Driving and other work

if your doind driving on p/t basis and also do other work which is non driving do you need to keep records of times worked for the other job in case vosa stop you? what form do those records needs to look like? formal timsheet? and advice appreicated. thanks :smiley:

A manual entry, on either an analogue or digital tachograph showing hours worked and breaks taken is the correct method.

mike68:
A manual entry, on either an analogue or digital tachograph showing hours worked and breaks taken is the correct method.

thanks for that mike, but i guess that would be for just that day? what about previous days where you may have been indoors and not driven at all? do you need to keep record of that?

Pops77:

mike68:

thanks for that mike, but i guess that would be for just that day? what about previous days where you may have been indoors and not driven at all? do you need to keep record of that?

Yes I believe you must keep the manual entries with you when you drive and keep them for a minimum of 28 days then they must be handed in to your transport manager.dft.gov.uk/vosa/publications … guides.htm click on this link for the rules in detail.

In a week in which you drive under EU rules you need to keep a record for days you don’t drive but do work

If you drove on a Saturday after working in your regular job Monday to Friday you would need a record for each of those days. These records must be either,

Written manually on a chart

Written manually on a printout from a digital tachograph;

Made by using the manual input facility of a digital tachograph

All the record needs to show is your name, the date, and the start and finish of the shift. No need to give a full account of what you did during the day, work, break and so on.

The easiest way is to use chats and just write your name, date it and mark your start and finish times.

No need to complete records for days you don’t do any work and if you don’t do any driving in the week you don’t need to keep records for your other work days.

Keep any records you have created with you for 29 days, current day plus previous 28 calendar days, in case you are stopped and after that you can just bin them. You weren’t actually working for a transport company on the days those records are for so no one to return them to.

mike68:

Pops77:

mike68:

Yes I believe you must keep the manual entries with you when you drive and keep them for a minimum of 28 days then they must be handed in to your transport manager.dft.gov.uk/vosa/publications … guides.htm click on this link for the rules in detail.

thanks mike will take a look at those vosa manuals.

mike68:

No need to show breaks, just name, date, start and finish times.

mike68:
Yes I believe you must keep the manual entries with you when you drive and keep them for a minimum of 28 days then they must be handed in to your transport manager.

Keep them with you for the prescribed period then chuck them. A transport manager will only want the records for the days you worked for them and the regular job don’t want or need them so file them in the bin.